Sequence loop question

Sequence loop question
« on: December 01, 2021, 01:26:34 AM »
Hi  :)

I have a sequence A-D set up on the pro 3 and when i trigger it via Cubase its starts off just the way it should but then it stops when reaching the end locator of my loop segment instead of just restarting
this does not occur when not in loop mode

can someone please explain why or if there's a way around it.
I like stacking ideas in loop mode...

Re: Sequence loop question
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 04:02:52 PM »
Is Loop Mode a Cubase thing? (I don't know Cubase.)
Possible culprit: MIDI clip sending a stop message

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 07:54:53 PM »
Loop mode is like Cycle mode and is a common feature in all DAW's

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 09:40:33 PM »
Got it. Just wanted to make sure I understood. It does sound like a stop command is getting sent. Another possible culprit is that a program change is getting sent. But maybe someone with more experience with Cubase will chime in.

LPF83

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2021, 04:40:07 AM »
Got it. Just wanted to make sure I understood. It does sound like a stop command is getting sent. Another possible culprit is that a program change is getting sent. But maybe someone with more experience with Cubase will chime in.

I don't have a Pro3 and might experiment with other synths when I have more time, but the first few things that come to my mind are:

1.  Zoom in on the loop range to be sure your start and stop are exactly where you think they are...  Probably not the issue if experienced with Cubase but if new to it, it can be a simple but difficult issue to spot issue if not always snapped to grid.
2.  On the MIDI Inserts for the track, insert a MIDI Monitor so you can see the MIDI data -- that often reveals a lot
3.  Experiment with MIDI clock settings or related settings on the synth
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2021, 11:17:45 PM »
Found what was causing the sequence to stop - ---MIDI clock was set to follow project position--- and it was also preventing sequence playback when triggered onboard while pro3 is in slave mode. once checkmark was removed is now working as expected .

Big thanks to everyone who replied.
:)