Just ordered my Prophet-10

Just ordered my Prophet-10
« on: November 28, 2021, 04:08:05 AM »
Yay - I've been sitting on the fence since this beauty was first announced but I've finally bitten the bullet and ordered my Prophet 10, a companion for my Rev2 & Sub37.

Not sure I was entirely able to justify the cost but I'm very excited regardless.

Re: Just ordered my Prophet-10
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 08:56:20 AM »
Congrats ! No matter what you payed, youŽll not regret it   8)

Cheers !
1976 MiniKORG700s // 1979 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 // Roland JUPITER-X

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2022, 10:59:58 AM »
Yay - I've been sitting on the fence since this beauty was first announced but I've finally bitten the bullet and ordered my Prophet 10, a companion for my Rev2 & Sub37.

Not sure I was entirely able to justify the cost but I'm very excited regardless.
Congrats, sure bet you are having a ton of fun with it !
Ive also been sitting on the fence for some time. My problem is I have a Prophet 6 and OB-6, both of which I love, but would have to part with to fund a Prophet 10. The fact the P10 currently has $550 off retail price right now is making is so much more tempting. The pure, raw, lush massive sound and of course the beautiful looks have me really drawn in. With the remains of the funds from the P6 and OB-6, i'd be purchasing some additional FX pedals.
Can/ should I let the OB-6 go, that's my biggest problem. Certain the P10 is not going to disappoint though !
Prophet 10 (Rev 4), OB-X8, Prophet 12,OB-6, Pro 2, Waldorf Quantum, MemoryMoog Plus

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2022, 09:51:56 AM »
Hi MeAndMyKeys,

That's a bit of a difficult decision for you there.  I have both a 16-voice Rev2 &, now, the Prophet-10.  I spent some time today on the Rev2 and I must admit I'd find it hard to part with this just for the sheer joy of the amount of functionality this has over the Prophet-10, even with the option to use external sequencers and effects pedals on the Prophet-10.

Yes, I am loving the Prophet-10.  It is a joy to play and sounds beautifully organic but for me its strength is as a synth for hands-on playing.  From a purely personal perspective I would suggest this needs to be part of your decision process.  If you enjoy the automation features of your existing hardware, e.g. onboard effects, sequencer or an arpeggiator, then you need to factor the lack of these on the Prophet-10 into your decision.