Requesting bytes from OB-6 Program Dump & Program Edit Buffer Dump

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping to get 2 sets of byte dumps from someone with an OB-6. I'd like the bytes received from a program dump request, as well as the bytes from a program edit buffer dump request. I'm hoping to get byte dumps from the factory bank of the first program, Welcome Back Tom!. I'd like to poke around the byte dumps to see where the program name lives for an app I'm working on.

The desktop app I'm working on will allow you to manage your patches. It's similar to the wonderful KnobKraft ORM application, but with more of a focus on managing the different versions of a program. You could save, edit, and load program data or edit buffer data to your heart's content.
It's all still in development (slowly though, as this is not my day job  :) ), but it is mostly working for the Prophet X & Prophet Rev2. I plan to release it for free once I have it working for as many Sequential synths as I can.

Thanks,
Sig

kris

Re: Requesting bytes from OB-6 Program Dump & Program Edit Buffer Dump
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2021, 05:44:43 AM »
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping to get 2 sets of byte dumps from someone with an OB-6. I'd like the bytes received from a program dump request, as well as the bytes from a program edit buffer dump request. I'm hoping to get byte dumps from the factory bank of the first program, Welcome Back Tom!. I'd like to poke around the byte dumps to see where the program name lives for an app I'm working on.

The desktop app I'm working on will allow you to manage your patches. It's similar to the wonderful KnobKraft ORM application, but with more of a focus on managing the different versions of a program. You could save, edit, and load program data or edit buffer data to your heart's content.
It's all still in development (slowly though, as this is not my day job  :) ), but it is mostly working for the Prophet X & Prophet Rev2. I plan to release it for free once I have it working for as many Sequential synths as I can.

Thanks,
Sig
Hi Sig,

glad you like my KnobKraft Orm! I wanted to point out the KnobKraft code to process and create the edit buffer dumps for the OB6, but I'm sure you already found the code! I am actually looking for help on the KnobKraft code, so maybe we could join forces? I have so many ideas on how to extend the program that I'll need more than one life to do it all on my own, as this is also not my day job as you can imagine. Just an idea ;-)

Interested to see what you'll come up with!

Best,
Kris
Check out the free Sysex Librarian for Sequential and more https://github.com/christofmuc/KnobKraft-orm

Re: Requesting bytes from OB-6 Program Dump & Program Edit Buffer Dump
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 10:31:32 AM »
Hey Kris! Sorry for the late reply, I should have paid my question more attention. I'd love to have a chat with you sometime, I'll send you a message shortly.