Syncronized LFOs on Polychained Evolvers

Syncronized LFOs on Polychained Evolvers
« on: November 26, 2021, 11:45:05 AM »
Hi.
I'm new to this forum.
Maybe someone can help me with this:

I have MEK(Voice1) and PER(Voices2-5) polychained.
So far the setup works as expected like a 5 Voice polysynth.
The MEK-Pots control all 5 voices correctly.

But i can't get the LFOs to be in sync between the Voices.

Example: In an unison patch, i want ALL-OSC-LEVELS to be modulated by LFO1 (SAW, Speed=4Steps). So that the Volumes of all Voices are swelling synchronized.

But the LFO of Voice1 resets differently than LFO of Voices2-5.
I would also expect all LFOs to reset together when receiving a external midi-reset/start signal. But then only LFO of Voice1(MEK) resets correctly (as does the corresponding LED).

I tried different settings for MidiClock. Clock Divisions. Internal end external clocks. KeySync.
Programs are the same on MEK and PEK.
OS are up to date.

Am I missing something?
Or can someone confirm, that this is not possible with this setup?

Thank you very much!
Julian, Switzerland

Re: Syncronized LFOs on Polychained Evolvers
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 01:58:26 PM »
I used to have a PEK + PER 8-voice setup. I think what I did to achieve this was to use bpm-synced LFO’s.

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 01:08:37 AM »
You could also try to turn LFO key sync on, hit 5 notes simultaneously, then turn key sync off again. The 5 voices’ LFO’s should then be in sync for a long time.

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2021, 11:16:30 AM »
Thanks, but,
BPM and KeySync doesnt work with my setup (MEK & PER)

After hooking up with Sequential...
Unfortunately it seems to be a quirk of the final Evolver OS.
Regardless, if anyone stumbles upon a Solution, I'd be happy to hear ...

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2021, 01:45:27 PM »
Sorry to hear that key sync does not work for you, don't understand why. There should be a key sync button in the LFO section. (Also in the Evolver desktop, any LFO AMOUNT above 100 means "key sync on".) Key sync needs to be OFF for global LFO operation, but you should sync the LFOs first by turning it ON, press all keys (5 in your setup) simultaneously (important) and then turn it off again.

It is also possible to use the sequencer as a kind of global LFO.

Good luck.

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2022, 01:37:53 AM »
Hello!

I bumped into a similar problem regarding the delays. I'm pretty sure it's the same as for LFO:s.

I have the same setup as you (which by the way is awesome, love this 5-voice Evolver rig) and the Evolvers are synced to an external midi clock. In my case it seems to work if I "nudge" the clock division settings of both machines after powering up. It seems like at least one of them (I think its the PEK) forgets it's setting after being turned off. I think this has solved my problem, but just today I found this solution so I'm not 100% sure. Hope I'm right.

My sync chain is like this: MIDISYNC->EVOLVER KEY Midi In->PolyChain Out->PolyEvolver Rack