sync with other synths

sync with other synths
« on: November 13, 2021, 03:52:09 AM »
Hi guys, I'd like to buy Pro 3 as my second synth, but first I wanna know if there's any opportunity to sync the synth with my Moog Mother-32 without syncing it with my DAW?

chysn

Re: sync with other synths
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2021, 06:18:47 AM »
Hi guys, I'd like to buy Pro 3 as my second synth, but first I wanna know if there's any opportunity to sync the synth with my Moog Mother-32 without syncing it with my DAW?

Mother-32 responds to MIDI clock messages. When clock is detected, the tempo control functions as a clock divider.

You can also use the CV gate input on the M-32. In this case, you'd assign an LFO on the Pro-3 to one of the CV outs, set the Amount to around 100 or so, and that should play a note on the M-32. I forget whether the M-32's Gate In advances its sequencer, largely because I hated the M-32's sequencer with a passion.

In either case, MIDI will be the most elegant way to sync the two synths.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

Re: sync with other synths
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2021, 03:18:35 AM »
Thanks for the answer! It's always nice to see that there're responsive people who can help! Well, I've got to say that i hate sequencer of M-32 too, i thought i'm the only one who hates that thing ;D Anyway, thanks again for the help.