Why is the sound from PX delayed ? .. Solution?

Why is the sound from PX delayed ? .. Solution?
« on: November 12, 2021, 02:52:50 PM »
Hi Fellow PropheX'tiers

Has anyone of you experienced that your PX sound was delayed ? 

If play the PX in standalone mode, and set Local Control to "on", and play the keyboard, the sounds/audio, does not come right away, the sound is delayed  some hundreds of milliseconds !

if i play sounds from the sequencer, the sounds on the Prophet X is also delayed ... of course making is impossible to make music  :-(.

I have tried both using MIDI cables and the USB connection .. however the delay is still there !!

Do any of you know the reason for this ?
..  is there a solution for this ?
.. something that can be done to get rid of this delay, like resetting or adjusting something somewhere ?

Thank you so much in advance !

Best regards
Kim

Re: Why is the sound from PX delayed ? .. Solution?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2021, 09:26:55 AM »
Is there a delay if you disconnect the PX from Midi & USB ? Is the delay the same for all patches?
PT10/12HD, Logic X, Digital Performer, Vienna Ensemble Pro
cMP 5,1 Catalina; MacBook Pro

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2021, 04:39:56 PM »
Is there a delay if you disconnect the PX from Midi & USB ? Is the delay the same for all patches?

Yes, there is a delay if, I disconnect the MIDI and USB, and just use the PX as standalone.
Yes, the delay is the same for all Patches...
The delay is the same for all notes, like if I take a piano chord, all the notes are delayed the same amount

If I use the Prophet X as a MIDI keyboard, to trigger other synths, these sounds come on time.
.. So the delay is clearly introduced at the recieving end of the Prophet X.
.. Stange, Right ?

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2021, 07:28:13 PM »
This won't be very helpful but I do remember having a similar issue with mine, but I can't tell you exactly what the problem was.  I think that it had something to do with MIDI loops (not having Local OFF while recording), and the board getting into a bad state.  Since I've upgraded to the latest firmware 2.2.1 (and followed proper MIDI recording procedure), I haven't seen this issue again.

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2021, 07:48:32 AM »

Yes, there is a delay if, I disconnect the MIDI and USB, and just use the PX as standalone.
Yes, the delay is the same for all Patches...
The delay is the same for all notes, like if I take a piano chord, all the notes are delayed the same amount

If I use the Prophet X as a MIDI keyboard, to trigger other synths, these sounds come on time.
.. So the delay is clearly introduced at the recieving end of the Prophet X.
.. Stange, Right ?

Yes that sounds strange. Do you have the latest OS installed ? And if yes, I would install it again, maybe thereīs something wrong with the OS. If this does not help itīs time to contact the Sequential Support, they are known for being very helpful.

Good luck and all the best !
PT10/12HD, Logic X, Digital Performer, Vienna Ensemble Pro
cMP 5,1 Catalina; MacBook Pro

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2021, 11:24:36 AM »
Try using a different speaker source
Sound Vision