Prophet Sync with Ableton - LFO pops and double the tempo?

Prophet Sync with Ableton - LFO pops and double the tempo?
« on: November 07, 2021, 04:47:41 PM »
Hey,

I am having trouble with the connection of my P12 and Ableton Live (via USB).

First of all, the Prophet receives double the tempo! When I set my session to 120bpm, the Prophet tries to crank it up to 240.

And second, when I try to play a sound I made, I hear annoying pops that correlate with the LFOs. So it rhythmically pops, and the rhythm aligns with the LFO LEDs - pretty annoying! When I don't sync the clock and set the same tempo on the Prophet, the pops disappear.

Does anyone know of these problems and, even better, of a solution? I kinda need to set the Prophet as a clock slave in order to record :D

Hope somebody can help me, thanks so much!

Re: Prophet Sync with Ableton - LFO pops and double the tempo?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2021, 05:17:52 PM »
Ha - i figured out the first problem! Accidentially had "sync" checked for the P12 module in and out in the MIDI settings. Turning it off for "out" turned the BPM back to normal :)

The crackling/popping issue persists tho. When I set my tempo to around 200, it gets really bad. It seems to happen randomly, too. For example, it was okay-ish now at a tempo of 120 when synced to Ableton, but when I turned MIDI clock mode from "Slave" to "Off", it started popping in the rhythm of the LFOs even when the global tempo was set to 120 bpm inside the P12. So it is not related to the tempo, but seems to be a random issue.

Did anyone have LFO popping issues before? It just seems so random to me! :(