Hi...I'm Bardahl...new here...cant make up my mind....

Re: Hi...I'm Bardahl...new here...cant make up my mind....
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2016, 09:52:35 AM »

By the way, wives never look the other way; they just know how to make us think they do.  ;D
[/quote]

You got that right.....I just went outside to throw something in the trash and Fedx was pulling up...big box from Sweetwater that says Kronos 7 on the side. She hoodwinked me good. Sorry to be talking about Korg here on DSi...just means the Prophet comes a little later as I want both.
Guess she made up my mind for me...I am very excited and blessed.
...just sitting here staring at the box dumbfounded...my birthday isn't until Thursday and she is out of town...I don't really wanna open it yet until she calls but it's hard not to....happy days!!!

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2016, 10:28:07 AM »
Tell her you wanted the Kronos and the Prophet just to compose for her ballads of the soppiest type.  "It's all about you, honey; it always has been."  You'll be fine, then.   ;D

Happy birthday and enjoy your new keyboards!  And no, you can't open it until Thursday.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 10:33:04 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2016, 10:53:21 AM »
Best idea is to wait till Thursday.

Until then download and read the operation and getting started manuals from Korg, hopefully you can find them as the Korg website was redesigned recently by some total idiots!

Shaw

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2016, 10:58:44 AM »
I just went outside to throw something in the trash and Fedx was pulling up...big box from Sweetwater that says Kronos 7 on the side. She hoodwinked me good. Sorry to be talking about Korg here on DSi...just means the Prophet comes a little later as I want both.

So.... we need to make a forum for wives of synthesists, and Bardahl, your wife gets to be the moderator.

Congrats!
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2016, 11:31:35 AM »
I just went outside to throw something in the trash and Fedx was pulling up...big box from Sweetwater that says Kronos 7 on the side. She hoodwinked me good. Sorry to be talking about Korg here on DSi...just means the Prophet comes a little later as I want both.

So.... we need to make a forum for wives of synthesists, and Bardahl, your wife gets to be the moderator.

Congrats!

Thanks folks.....and it looks like Sacred Synthesis may be the actual prophet round here...you kind of called that one!

Shaw

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2016, 01:21:04 PM »
Shaw -

I want so badly to like the thing because the size and architecture perfectly suit me.  But the sound is always disappointing.  Granted, I haven't heard one in person, but I do find I can get an accurate sense of an instrument from watching many videos of it.  It just doesn't have that "oomph."  It sounds sterile and thin.

SS --

We need an experiment.  Maybe even a new thread to get other P12 users involved.
Here's the idea:  Post a MIDI file consisting of 2 to 3 minutes of 3 or 4 tracks with some simple instructions (i.e. track 1 is a airy string pad, track 2 is a slow attack brass section, track 3 is a square lead... etc.)     Get folks to record it back using only the P12 (no effects)... that way you get to hear your ideas on a P12.   Might be educational and/or interesting.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2016, 01:28:57 PM »
Shaw -

That's a good idea unto itself, but making my personal interests the point of it all would spoil it.  Don't forget, some folks dislike me for my views, or my ways of expressing them, and would certainly resent the goal of the thread.  Why would they exert themselves for my benefit?  Besides, didn't Bob the Dog or someone else just start a Prophet 12 Tricks and Techniques type thread?  Just add recordings to it.  I'd say, remove the SS part and you might have a good idea, here or there.  And I do appreciate the sentiment.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 02:09:58 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

Sacred Synthesis