Razmo's Gear Rant Thread...

Shaw

Re: Razmo's Gear Rant Thread...
« Reply #520 on: January 02, 2018, 01:23:37 PM »
It will contain rants about what wonders I discover using the REV2 and V-Synth :D
With the Rev2 and V-Synth, that sounds more like praise than rants -- they are both pretty stable and solid sounding machines.
Maybe you'll post music instead?
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #521 on: January 02, 2018, 03:06:17 PM »
It will contain rants about what wonders I discover using the REV2 and V-Synth :D
With the Rev2 and V-Synth, that sounds more like praise than rants -- they are both pretty stable and solid sounding machines.
Maybe you'll post music instead?

Not instead.... but also :) ... and most likely also soundbanks for both REV2 and V-Synth...
If you need me, follow the shadows...

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #522 on: January 11, 2018, 02:45:42 AM »
Well... a quick decision has been made... I returned the REV2, mainly because I really do not feel that I need it when I've got the V-Synth... analog VCF/VCA is not really that important when making ambient music, and I've got this feeling that I only want ONE synth to work with, and that one is the V-Synth...

So I'm DSI free again... and have no intention of buying anything else but a V-Synth GT when I can get my hands on one (looking for one right now).

The V-Synth basically gives me a bit of everything... it has VA synthesis, sampling synthesis and VariPhrase synthesis... if you record wavetables as samples, the VariPhrase technology will let you do timbres like wavetables as well that you can modulate... the oscillators can do ringmod and FM as well, so also have some FM tones capabilities... it has tons of COSM FX to further tweak, and a comprehensive FX section etc... formant synthesis too...

Summa Summarum... I do not NEED anything else to do what I want, and having only ONE keyboard synth makes everything extremely easy to comprehend... I can focus on this ONE synth, and become a "Jedi Master" in it, instead of dividing my time on hoards of other synths...

This also means that my GAS will shift to something else, and that has already started... I'm collecting lots of acoustic instruments of all sorts to record and use... I'll be creating everything I can myself, and the sounds I cannot record myself I'll be buying as sample packs (mostly samples of nature and vocals)...

So I do not know how valuable my presence here on the DSI forums will be in the future really... I'll have no DSI instruments again... I'll pop by now and then nonetheless, to discuss the new synths coming from DSI :)

Shaw

« Reply #523 on: January 23, 2018, 08:29:47 PM »
Which version of the V-Synth do you have? I’m still thinking of grabbing one and just looking at the various versions — V-Synth, XT, GT...

Thanks.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #524 on: January 24, 2018, 05:47:00 AM »
Which version of the V-Synth do you have? I’m still thinking of grabbing one and just looking at the various versions — V-Synth, XT, GT...

Thanks.

I've had all three... but currently have the V-Synth Keyboard V2.0 ... I need the keys, but not the D50 and Voice processor software, so the XT is not for me... I'm probably going to get a GT as soon as I get the chance, but they are quite pricey compared to the V2.0... the only real stuff that I want from the GT are the extra polyphony, and the ability to layer two programs... but the GT cost (used) between two to three times as much as the V2.0...

If the only thing you're after would be the VariPhrase technology, the V2.0 would probably be the wisest choice unless you REALLY need that extra polyphony and layering capabilities... I can easily live with the V2.0 ... but it's always nice to have that extra polyphony and layering possibilities of course... but not exactly essential.... for me that is :)

The GT also has that early stage SuperNatural engine... but like the INTEGRA-7 the samples are fixed... you cannot use your own, and all of the nice mangling thru COSM stuff etc. are not for the SuperNatural synthesis... you can only layer the SuperNatural part with the VariPhrase/VA part... so it goes straight into the FX section... this greatly limits the usage of the AP synthesis (which is what the SuperNatural engine in GT is called).... other than that, three more Reverb algorithms are present in the GT, taken from the VP-550... I never found them important, as they only allow max 5sek decaytime... the standard ones in all V-Synths have up to 64 seconds of reverb decay time.

Then there are of course the means to use USB memory sticks for backup... the older versions use CF cards... but with a CF adapter it's not a big deal... I actually like the CF cards better...

Another thing is, that the most knobby of them all is the V2.0 keyboard... many prefer the old because of these knobs, and they sure are handy, letting you change important parameters on the fly without having to dive into the menus on screen... the layout is just a bit more intuitive... the display is monochrome though, but I do not see that as a big problem really... also, the outputs of the V2.0 are unballanced... on the XT and GT, the main outs are ballanced... still, with the 2.0 directly connected to my RME soundcard, the noise floor with unballanced outs are about -96db! ... it's a very quiet machine... all of the other I/O are basically the same on all machines... only difference here is that the USB connection on XT and GT allow for Audio interface usage as well... the 2.0 do NOT... on 2.0 the USB connection is used only for communicating with the built in memory and CF card, so that you can transfer samples directly between computer and internal/CF card memory (VERY HANDY!), and for USB MIDI functionallity... but please note that the drivers will NOT work on newer windows machines... you have to go back to at least XP with the 2.0 and XT, and win7 with the GT... windows 10 will NOT work with the drivers, and Roland has NO plans on updating them... so use the synth via MIDI cables... only way really...

If there is anything else you want to know, just ask :)

Shaw

« Reply #525 on: January 25, 2018, 06:29:38 PM »
Thanks for the detailed breakdown.  There are too many techno-ish sound samples out there (duh, with the time stretch abilities, that is a given, but it is capable of so much more)... Have you recorded any ambient stuff with yours?

I am having a hard time deciding. I like the idea of layered programs and the vocal designer stuff as well.  And yes, when it comes to Polyphony, more is more.   Also I don’t have a way to put samples on a CF card — though I am sure I could get a card reader for my would prefer to just use USB.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #526 on: January 26, 2018, 04:21:23 AM »
Thanks for the detailed breakdown.  There are too many techno-ish sound samples out there (duh, with the time stretch abilities, that is a given, but it is capable of so much more)... Have you recorded any ambient stuff with yours?

I am having a hard time deciding. I like the idea of layered programs and the vocal designer stuff as well.  And yes, when it comes to Polyphony, more is more.   Also I don’t have a way to put samples on a CF card — though I am sure I could get a card reader for my would prefer to just use USB.

I have an old demo I made for the GT... I'll post that later...

There is no doubt, that if you get the GT the only two things you'd miss out on, is the D50 emulation, and the Voice processing software of the 2.0 card, and the built in one on the XT... the voicecard is somewhat built into the V-Synth engine on the GT which can be a plus, but it lacks some other features that is only present on the older models.... other than these two, you will probably only miss the extra knobs from the V2.0 keyboard, but if you never had one, you'd probably never miss them anyway.

The CF cards are actually not a problem... all you have to do is to buy a cheap PCMCIA -> CF card adapter... then you put the CF card in that and use it that way... very efficient... all you need to know is that the two older models CANNOT use more than max 2GB CF cards... it will read and write even to 64GB cards (I've tried) but the display screws up writing the correct free memory, so I'd not rely on it not causing any trouble... 2GB CF cards are easily obtainable still, and do not cost that much... with the GT and USB you'd be able to have larger storage of course, but honestly... a full bank won't exceed 50-60MB as this is the limit of the V-Synth memory... imagine how many banks of that size you can fit on a single 2GB CF card ;)

The GT is the best choice if money is not the question, and you do not care for the differences I've mentioned... but you have to make certain that double polyphony and layering capabilities is worth two times the money of a V2.0/XT ... if it is... get the GT, it's that simple :) ... if you can find one :D

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #527 on: January 26, 2018, 04:26:04 AM »
...and by the way... when you connect a V-Synth to your computer via USB, both the V-Synths internal memory (flash), and the inserted CF card/USB stick will instantly be available from your computer, just as a simple USB stick or other flash memory device... all parts of the project/presets/samples are available as files here, even the waveforms can be loaded directly into an audio editor program... so backing up is really straight forward, everything organized nicely in project folders. There is even a software program you can downloed, that will allow you to backup and manage your banks, and join separate presets from different banks etc... very handy tool. It's called V-Synth Librarian.

And you do NOT need a card reader for your computer for the two older models... you just plug in the USB cable, and are good to go... the V-Synth acts as a "card reader/writer" by default ;)

You can also put the CF card into a card reader if you have one for your computer... same thing... works exactly the same... this is what I like so much about the V-Synth as a sampler... I'm FINALY free from using obscure hard to find SCSI devices, and strange sample transfer protocols that do not work in todays computer environments... that combined with the fact, that V-Synth is not meant to work with multi samples is just an enormous time saver... just use ONE sample for the entire keyboard range... no more multisample work with crossfades etc... yippee! :)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 04:29:54 AM by Razmo »

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #528 on: January 26, 2018, 04:34:02 AM »
Here is the demo I promised... it's using only the factory presets of the GT, but I tried to play them as "Ambient" as possible... some exceptions does occur though :)

It's raw GT... no external FX used.

http://razmo.ziphoid.com/V-SynthGTTest.mp3

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #529 on: January 26, 2018, 04:41:01 AM »
Here is a short demo of some bell sounds I'm working on, that I sampled with my SONY PCM-D-100 mobile recorder... I'm working hard on making Ambient presets for the V-Synth at the moment... there are some ValhallaDSP Shimmer reverb on this one:

http://razmo.ziphoid.com/BellsTest.mp3

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #530 on: February 28, 2018, 04:45:39 PM »
I simply got tired of the V-Synth.... again... I think I'm tired of programing synths to be honest, it takes too much time and they're too deep to get a lot of sounds fast... the V-Synth has been sold, and I'm currently waiting for something I thought and promised myself I would NEVER enter... the Eurorack world... yes... you read correctly... the terror has begun, the GAS is wide open again :)

..though... with a twist... I've bought myself a Waldorf KB37 that will work as my ONLY machine, with 107HP of modules, and build in 3octaves of FATAR keys... it will be the "nerve center" of my studio from now on... no more editing sounds prior to composing, that is now a part of the creative composing phase... that is also why I've settled with ONLY the KB37... simply because it's not too big and hard to comprehend (destroying the creative flow), or too small and unflexible like a single little desktop synth

With such a system, I'll be able to buy all the modules I want because I'll simply sselect 107HP worth of modules for a given project, and use those to HD record a full score.... then the next project may house 107HP of other modules or any combination

This way of doing it makes certain that I do not get bored with a hardwired setup, and gives me the opportunity to let the GAS flow when I want to, without having to change things all the time, and worse: sell stuff all the time.

My first module is a very simple Pittsburgh - LIFEFORMS SV-1 synth voice... that is mainly to get started, and the module has a bit of everything more or less and works good as an entry module for me... it also cram a lot of functionality into a very little space.

Reverb and Delay will be taken care of with software plugins in my HD recording DAW, as that is the most flexible.

I've also bought a pair of small ADAM A3X studio monitors... I do not need them bigger and I really like the sound of these monitors.

My musical genre will still be Ambient... I'll be getting modules that can play samples that I record with my SONY PCM-D100 mobile recorder, for mangling in the eurorack world, and I have other modules on my mind as well... I'll be getting a wavetable oscillator soon as well to add some exstra harmonic possibilities to the analog oscillators of the LIFEFORMS module.

So... if you have any good tips on modular, don't hesitate discussing them here because I'm still pretty new in this modular world... even though I know how a module works pretty fast, the combined possibilities of a lot of them can be a bit more hard to comprehend... it is (for example) hard to decipher which modules are crucial etc... it took some time before I understood the importance of having a lot of VCA's and Mults for example... so I'm sure there will be lots of eye opening revelations for me in the coming months as I toy with the KB37 :)

Shaw

« Reply #531 on: February 28, 2018, 04:52:26 PM »
I simply got tired of the V-Synth.... again... I think I'm tired of programing synths to be honest, it takes too much time and they're too deep to get a lot of sounds fast... the V-Synth has been sold, and I'm currently waiting for something I thought and promised myself I would NEVER enter... the Eurorack world... yes... you read correctly... the terror has begun, the GAS is wide open again :)

..though... with a twist... I've bought myself a Waldorf KB37 that will work as my ONLY machine, with 107HP of modules, and build in 3octaves of FATAR keys... it will be the "nerve center" of my studio from now on... no more editing sounds prior to composing, that is now a part of the creative composing phase... that is also why I've settled with ONLY the KB37... simply because it's not too big and hard to comprehend (destroying the creative flow), or too small and unflexible like a single little desktop synth

With such a system, I'll be able to buy all the modules I want because I'll simply sselect 107HP worth of modules for a given project, and use those to HD record a full score.... then the next project may house 107HP of other modules or any combination

This way of doing it makes certain that I do not get bored with a hardwired setup, and gives me the opportunity to let the GAS flow when I want to, without having to change things all the time, and worse: sell stuff all the time.

My first module is a very simple Pittsburgh - LIFEFORMS SV-1 synth voice... that is mainly to get started, and the module has a bit of everything more or less and works good as an entry module for me... it also cram a lot of functionality into a very little space.

Reverb and Delay will be taken care of with software plugins in my HD recording DAW, as that is the most flexible.

I've also bought a pair of small ADAM A3X studio monitors... I do not need them bigger and I really like the sound of these monitors.

My musical genre will still be Ambient... I'll be getting modules that can play samples that I record with my SONY PCM-D100 mobile recorder, for mangling in the eurorack world, and I have other modules on my mind as well... I'll be getting a wavetable oscillator soon as well to add some exstra harmonic possibilities to the analog oscillators of the LIFEFORMS module.

So... if you have any good tips on modular, don't hesitate discussing them here because I'm still pretty new in this modular world... even though I know how a module works pretty fast, the combined possibilities of a lot of them can be a bit more hard to comprehend... it is (for example) hard to decipher which modules are crucial etc... it took some time before I understood the importance of having a lot of VCA's and Mults for example... so I'm sure there will be lots of eye opening revelations for me in the coming months as I toy with the KB37 :)
I’ve been fighting the temptation to get a KB37 as well. Seems like the perfect starting point for a modular setup.  Don’t  overlook the Waldorf Wavetable module.  It also samples!  :)

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #532 on: February 28, 2018, 05:08:12 PM »

I’ve been fighting the temptation to get a KB37 as well. Seems like the perfect starting point for a modular setup.  Don’t  overlook the Waldorf Wavetable module.  It also samples!  :)

Certainly! ... it's one of the more complex modules though... I would prefer the modules to not have too much menu-diving and double function buttons/knobs... but it still looks interesting... but I have been looking at the Erica Synths - Black Wavetable Oscillator, as well... I really like the idear of it having ROM wavetables so I do not have to fiddle with any more wavetable in/out stuff... also the module is hands on which I like... but certainly I'll be looking at the Waldorf one too before I buy...

The KB37 was not a hard choice for me ... the main thing is that it has build in keys of good FATAR quality, but also that this option puts the modular stuff right in front of me, within reach which is paramount as I intend on doing live tweaks as well... also it has a lot of cool features... i especially like that it has built in ARP and paraphonic capabillities, and interfaces with my DAW pretty easily.. also the compactness is crucial... my studio environment is REALLY cramped down these days... it's a corner table 120*120 cm, so space saving is of utmost importance to me... besides... the FATAR keys are TP9... same as in the Blofeld keys that I've had... they are really fine quality... so it really was a no brainer :)

Shaw

« Reply #533 on: February 28, 2018, 06:05:40 PM »
So you already have the KB37?  What do you think of the build quality?

chysn

« Reply #534 on: February 28, 2018, 06:46:55 PM »
I think you'd find the Make Noise Morphagene right your wheelhouse. Everything on the front panel can be automated with CV, so it opens up a lot of musical space.

I have Phonogene, which is basically the older version. It handles time stretching differently, and doesn't have an SD slot, but along the same lines, and it's a blast.

The basic idea is that you take some sound (from an external source, or from your own modular, or wherever) and break it into splices. These splices can be organized, triggered, and selected via CV, and broken into grains, which can be advanced with a trigger or scrubbed through with CV, forward or reverse. It fires a trigger signal at the end of each splice, for synchronization with other stuff. The whole design is pretty brilliant. I'm a big fan.

I hope you enjoy the KB37. I considered getting one when I started. It turned out that exploring modular sort of turned me off to the whole idea of a piano-style keyboard for a synthesizer, but I still think the KB37 is a pretty good idea. Just keep in mind that it doesn't have a 5V rail when you're choosing modules. There are workarounds, but it's a good thing to keep an eye on. You don't want to buy a module and have no idea why it's not working.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

chysn

« Reply #535 on: February 28, 2018, 06:55:10 PM »
Also, in general, building a small system is sort of a balancing act. You might feel the need to get the smallest modules possible to maximize functionality in 107HP, but don't forget that you also want the thing to be enjoyable to play, or there's no point.

Consider getting yourself a Korg SQ-1. That thing's a helluva bang for the buck.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #536 on: March 01, 2018, 01:55:21 AM »
So you already have the KB37?  What do you think of the build quality?

No, but I ordered it yesterday... it is on it's way and will be here either tomorrow or monday... I'll let you know about the build quality once it gets here :)

But if it is normal Waldorf Quality it's usually pretty good... the FATAR TP9 keybed I've tried more than once... it is in both the Blofeld Keys and also the newer DSI keys like the REV2... they are really hi quality keys with good velocity and aftertouch response, so I'm not worried about those... that was one of the BIG factors in deciding on the KB37... if it had crappy keys I'd not have gone for it, that is for sure.

The case is definitely metal, and it has build in power supply, so no wallwarts either... i consider that good quality as well. The power rail is divided into two each with 1A of power which seems fair enough, but they advice you to split the modules equally on the two rails to sort of ease the distribution.

So I guess that the only thing where I have to see about quality is in the connectivity, but the specs looks awesome, and they claim that their converters for the CV's are 16bit... also a big plus since the quality of that will be paramount when it has to control everything.

The only thing that would have bothered me is that it has only three octaves... but that is really only a problem when you want to play with two hands and a lot of polyphony, which is not the case with most modular gear anyway... the KB37 does allow for duophonic playing, and of course you can use the MIDI out to play a polyphonic synth as well which may make you feel a bit limited in the keyrange, but I have no plans on getting any polyphonic synth, though I could get one if I needed it at some point, just to handle some poly duties... I even might get just one for this, but I will wait and see if I get the urge... I'll try and do poly stuff by recording one voice at a time first though it's not really the same performance wise...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 02:13:10 AM by Razmo »

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #537 on: March 01, 2018, 02:00:44 AM »
I think you'd find the Make Noise Morphagene right your wheelhouse. Everything on the front panel can be automated with CV, so it opens up a lot of musical space.

I have Phonogene, which is basically the older version. It handles time stretching differently, and doesn't have an SD slot, but along the same lines, and it's a blast.

The basic idea is that you take some sound (from an external source, or from your own modular, or wherever) and break it into splices. These splices can be organized, triggered, and selected via CV, and broken into grains, which can be advanced with a trigger or scrubbed through with CV, forward or reverse. It fires a trigger signal at the end of each splice, for synchronization with other stuff. The whole design is pretty brilliant. I'm a big fan.

I hope you enjoy the KB37. I considered getting one when I started. It turned out that exploring modular sort of turned me off to the whole idea of a piano-style keyboard for a synthesizer, but I still think the KB37 is a pretty good idea. Just keep in mind that it doesn't have a 5V rail when you're choosing modules. There are workarounds, but it's a good thing to keep an eye on. You don't want to buy a module and have no idea why it's not working.

Yeah... i actually stumbled upon a demo of that Make Noise module yesterday... it is definitely on my list of modules to buy, as it will probably be really neat together with some of the recordings I'll be doing with my mobile recorder, and for ambient stuff in general :) ... it did sound a bit convoluted when explained, and I'm not sure i understood the concept fully, but I'll look more into it when deciding on buying one at some point.

Regarding the modular concept and a keyboard... yes, I can see why many would feel that way, but my problem with a modular without the ability to play it musically is that I want to make music, not just make bleeps and bloops like I see on so many modular videos... that is fun too I believe, but it's crucial that I can see my setup sort of like you would a small desktop analog synth for example... I guess it depends on what you want to do with your modular system :)

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #538 on: March 01, 2018, 02:10:54 AM »
Also, in general, building a small system is sort of a balancing act. You might feel the need to get the smallest modules possible to maximize functionality in 107HP, but don't forget that you also want the thing to be enjoyable to play, or there's no point.

Consider getting yourself a Korg SQ-1. That thing's a helluva bang for the buck.

Actually I think it is a bit of both... I've been doing a few "setups" in advance, just to try and create a good system to work with, and I usually end up with one or two bigger modules, 3-4 medium modules and the rest is smaller... I'm not particularly going for small modules i think, that seems to happen when I'm left with less than 7HP in the setup... i think it's because my first setup is based on the LIFEFORMS module with an additional modulation tools module from Pittsburgh that is 8HP wide... these two together give a rather good selection of the most important modules together in just 56 units... I think that in most cases, I'll be using one big synth-voice module and gang that up with other modules that complement the synth-voice... there are quite a few of these synth voice modules around, and I plan on getting more of these for this purpose... they usually have a fair selection of both oscillators, filter, amplifier and modulation sources, which means that I do not have to get that many other modulation sources in the setup to get it rolling... usually a combi module with an ekstra LFO and some sort of EG will do I think... then perhaps an extra digital oscillator or two will spice things up in addition the the synth voice's analog oscillators (which they usually are)... after that it's basically stuff like delay, phaser, chorus, flanger, distortion modules etc. that I go for... sequencers are not that important to me because i need to work with MIDI and my DAW for the HD recording, so sequences are done by my DAW, otherwise it will be very hard to sync the layered tracks together... besides, the LIFEFORMS module has a build in arpeggiator, and so does the KB37, that can be used as a small 8note "semi-sequencer" if you just use it in "played order" mode... if I get any sequencers it would be mainly for doing rhythimcal changes to parameters... not for triggering notes really.

Also, one of the important things for me is that it does NOT get too big... sound design will be part of the music composing, so I need a middle sized setup that is not too long to patch up, but also not so simple it lacks flexibility... I feel right now, that the 107HP is just about right... there may be situations where I'd wish I could have put a few more HP in there maybe, but on the other hand, the constraints will get me to THINK and be creative... I've always loved working under limitations, and found too much flexibility boring and creativity killing... should I end up finding that I could maybe use ekstra space without sacrificing these things, I can easily find space right behind my KB37 for one of the new Arturia RackBrute cases... this particular case is chosen because it has legs that elevate it up, as it would have to be located behind the KB37... and in front of my computer monitor... this would be the most ideal case because of that and would give me an additional 88HP for other stuff... and even if that is not enough, I still have space for two small desktop skiff cases on either side of the KB37... but then my desktop space would have reached it's limit, and I really do not believe I'll ever get the need for those to be honest... the RackBrute... maybe... but if I can avoid it, I will :)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 02:26:15 AM by Razmo »

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #539 on: March 01, 2018, 02:31:39 AM »
Also... there is one more thing when it comes to the 107HP only thing... I'm not planning on creating just ONE setup, and never change it... my plan is to continue to buy modules I find interesting, and then swap modules out when I start on a new project... it'll be a "one setup per project" kind of approach... that keep me from getting bored with a hardwired setup of modules, and will make every project a bit unique in that it's based on a restrained number of different modules... the moduels not used will just be stored for later use... maybe one day in the future I'll sort the modules into groups like oscillators, filters, amplifiers, modulation, effects and combi... then I'll pick a randomly chosen module from each group for a project, and use that for a project... might be a fun approach I think, and it'll force me to think more when using the setup :)