Korg copying GEM?

LoboLives

Korg copying GEM?
« on: July 20, 2017, 03:34:13 AM »
Korg just announced that it's releasing the Grandstage digital stage piano. Looking into it, it's almost ridiculously similar tot the new GEM Promega 2+ that was released earlier this year. From the features to the sounds included to even the design of the thing. I mean I'm all for the open market but sheesh at least give GEM a fighting chance lol.

Re: Korg copying GEM?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 04:49:03 AM »
Korg just announced that it's releasing the Grandstage digital stage piano. Looking into it, it's almost ridiculously similar tot the new GEM Promega 2+ that was released earlier this year. From the features to the sounds included to even the design of the thing. I mean I'm all for the open market but sheesh at least give GEM a fighting chance lol.

GEM is no longer GEM as it is....
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

LoboLives

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 07:51:14 AM »

GEM is no longer GEM as it is....

I know someone purchased them and Elka but still...what a crappy thing to happen when they are trying to re-enter the market.

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 09:32:51 AM »
The Polysix and CP-70B in the background of the Grandstage is curious.

As for the GEM piano instrument–the Nord Stage range strikes me as much closer in terms of user interface, though none of the above are really _that_ close.
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

chysn

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 10:30:52 PM »
I'll take GEM over Korg every time.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

LoboLives

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 02:59:29 AM »
I'll take GEM over Korg every time.

You know when I saw this first advertised on Korg's facebook page I remarked about how uncanny it was with the new GEM and posted pictures. Even die-hard Korg fans were like "Um..."