Pro One IC question

Pro One IC question
« on: October 21, 2021, 06:43:46 PM »
Just had some work done on my Pro One. The repair guy mentioned replacing ICs 7 and 14. I know nothing about anything "under the hood" when it comes to synths and am curious if anyone here can tell me what those chips do...

Re: Pro One IC question
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 09:04:03 AM »
Just had some work done on my Pro One. The repair guy mentioned replacing ICs 7 and 14. I know nothing about anything "under the hood" when it comes to synths and am curious if anyone here can tell me what those chips do...

Please ask your tech exactly which IC's on the schematic. The naming convention they are using is slightly different. I do not want to respond with an answer to your question unless I know exactly which chips are being replaced.

I've attached the schematic for your reference.

Re: Pro One IC question
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 12:05:10 PM »
Picked up the Pro One yesterday. Greg, the tech, said both ICs he replaced were to do with the gates/clocks etc. The Pro One works wonderfully, now, by the way.

When I dropped the synth off with him, I mentioned that something had come loose inside the synth as it made its way from Berlin to California. He showed me the part yesterday - a bit of the metal clasp from the suitcase used to transport the synth had broken off and had made its way into the synth from underneath the keybed!