Prophet X Freezing

Kevin

Prophet X Freezing
« on: October 21, 2021, 05:58:04 PM »
Is anyone still having issues with the Prophet X Freezing on boot up? I had the issue about 14 months ago and it seemed to stop happening. Now the synth is often freezing at random times and after a reboot it will fail to load. Eventually after about 10 or so attempts to reboot it might finally load. It is extremely dissapointing given the usually high quality standard Sequential have. I plan on gigging/touring with the synth now that things have opened up but this level of reliability renders the synth pretty much useless for that given this show stopper of a problem. Given the synth is a premium product of sorts, it's extra disappointing.

Re: Prophet X Freezing
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 08:10:40 AM »
Yes my friend! There are many more of us than you imagine! It's just that not everyone writes to the forum! I have had this problem for 2 years now, I often took risks at big concerts, and it happened that even during a performance it would freeze! I communicate directly with support and they said the following:

The lead software designer for the Prophet XL currently has a customer unit which is displaying similar issues and they will be looking into the cause of the issue shortly. That we've replaced the pertinent parts in the synth leads me to believe that there is some software problem which is related to the behavior you've encountered.

I will let you know what we find once software has had a chance to look into this further.

- the message was written on September 9th and since then I have been waiting for a response from them!

I believe that all those who have freezes should write and report about it, this is important!

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 06:16:49 AM »
Hi,
I got this failure after 4 weeks I bought the ProphetX. Then the mainboard was exchanged and I had about 1 1/2 years of rest. Then it happened again and I swapped the mainboard and the SSD again ... after two weeks the same error.  The part is now at MusicStore (Germany) and I hope I get some of the money back.  And I was offered the 4th main board. :-)

Gruß

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 09:02:18 AM »
Understand you.
The most interesting thing is that the Prophet X,XL has crazy potential, but this problem with freezing spoils everything. Perhaps, as they say, this is a software error, because it is almost entirely based on this. If they solve this problem, which I really hope for, then with firm confidence I can say that this will be the instrument of my dreams! DEAR SEQUENTIAL - PLEASE LET IT BE SO!

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2021, 03:42:07 AM »
Here is an example of how Prophet XL freezing in a live situation  :(  Sometimes as a result of hovering, the sound pulsates. In this case, one oblong sound!!! How would you feel if Prophet XL freezes during every gig or performance, when hundreds of people look at you?

« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 04:54:01 AM by Vadim Shinnik »

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2021, 05:06:20 AM »
Abandonware.

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2021, 06:24:48 AM »
Abandonware.

Naa. All synth manufacturers do this. There will be a long period of silence and then bam … a firmware update.

Personally, I have not encountered this problem with my PX and if it were a software bug I would think that an awful lot more people would be complaining.

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2021, 12:43:18 PM »
From everything I've seen and heard, this problem is more common among owners of the XL version, which in turn began to go on sale after the X version. Is there any attribution? I might be wrong

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2021, 07:51:08 AM »
Hi,

So, my Prophet X is currently under repair and the technician claims it is due to a defective power supply. We will see.

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2021, 08:53:23 AM »
From everything I've seen and heard, this problem is more common among owners of the XL version, which in turn began to go on sale after the X version. Is there any attribution? I might be wrong
I have the Prophet X and never had this issue of freezing.
Prophet X. Prophet 12 Module. Prophet 6 Module. Ob-6 Module. Trigon-6 Module. Eventide H9000R (x2). Tegeler Audio Schwerkraftmaschine / Raumzeitmaschine / Creme RC (x3). Bettermaker Mastering Limiter, Mastering EQ, Mastering Compressor. Avid S3.
Mac Studio. Logic.

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2021, 12:05:24 PM »

LUCKY!!!! I'm very happy for you!

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2021, 12:48:31 PM »
Hi,

So, my Prophet X is currently under repair and the technician claims it is due to a defective power supply. We will see.

While we are waiting for the firmware and the solution to the problem with freezing from Sequential, I also had thoughts about the power supply. Please, as soon as you have any news or results, tell us here on the forum, very curious.

J_P_P

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2021, 01:48:05 PM »

Me too...never Froze on me.

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2021, 10:38:53 AM »

I don't think I am lucky. Sounds like a few of you have been unlucky. Good that Sequential are looking into this. Hope it gets resolved soon.
Prophet X. Prophet 12 Module. Prophet 6 Module. Ob-6 Module. Trigon-6 Module. Eventide H9000R (x2). Tegeler Audio Schwerkraftmaschine / Raumzeitmaschine / Creme RC (x3). Bettermaker Mastering Limiter, Mastering EQ, Mastering Compressor. Avid S3.
Mac Studio. Logic.

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2021, 10:33:57 AM »

I don't think I am lucky. Sounds like a few of you have been unlucky. Good that Sequential are looking into this. Hope it gets resolved soon.
I really hope as well!!!!

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2022, 01:19:42 PM »
I purchased one on reverb and it has started freezing quite often.  I suspect this was the case before I got it as well.  It can go for a while without freezing and other times its only minutes after restarting it.

I am going to try all of the troubleshooting steps tonight in hopes that it not the issue in this thread.

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2022, 12:37:04 AM »
just got a replacement motherboard from Sequential that has a BIOS firmware upgrade that deals with this issue.
Installed it today and everything seems to be functioning for now.
it's been 3+ years of hiccups with this synth which I would have given up on if I didn't love it so much.
will let you know if I encounter problems!

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2022, 03:25:14 AM »
Hi,

While we are waiting for the firmware and the solution to the problem with freezing from Sequential, I also had thoughts about the power supply. Please, as soon as you have any news or results, tell us here on the forum, very curious.

Still under repair. Did You ever try a line filter?

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2022, 12:32:17 PM »
There are a lot look in the facebook group... even geosynth wrote about it...

Abandonware.

Naa. All synth manufacturers do this. There will be a long period of silence and then bam … a firmware update.

Personally, I have not encountered this problem with my PX and if it were a software bug I would think that an awful lot more people would be complaining.

Keith

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2022, 12:49:41 PM »
Just wish Sequential would publicly address the issue like they did with the P5 issue when they first released it. I know they probably don't care enough about the PX and can't wait to get it off their roster but still...some public advisement would be nice