Prophet X/XL soon to be discontinued?

Prophet X/XL soon to be discontinued?
« on: October 20, 2021, 07:35:07 PM »
Something I've noticed is the Prophet X and Prophet XL are now only available in select few Long And McQuade stores in Canada and not available to order. Usually this happens when an item becomes discontinued but they have a few units in stores. Is the PX and XL on the chopping block?

https://www.long-mcquade.com/144676/Keyboards/Synthesizers/Dave-Smith-Instruments/Prophet-XL-76-Key-Samples-Plus-Synthesis-Synthesizer.htm?ref=suggestive-search

pebre

Re: Prophet X/XL soon to be discontinued?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 02:04:00 AM »
Hi, I don't know if this is officially confirmed and maybe it's just an error or mistake in the communication but Prophet X is still available but XL is not in the latest pricelist anymore.

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 06:34:17 AM »
Hi, I don't know if this is officially confirmed and maybe it's just an error or mistake in the communication but Prophet X is still available but XL is not in the latest pricelist anymore.

That would suck if that's the case. Shame that Sequential didn't even bother announcing it.

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 08:56:00 PM »
I messaged Sequential about this. No answers yet.

pebre

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2021, 02:44:23 AM »
Still difficult times getting parts, so could be just a case of unavailability of some parts. Don't know.

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2021, 11:23:34 AM »
CONFIRMED

"Hello Everett, thanks for reaching out.

The Prophet XL is being discontinued once we run out of remaining stock, however some dealers such as Pro Audio Star should have some left in their inventory.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,"

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2021, 11:28:12 AM »
I still love my Prophet X, and if it becomes a rarity, well.....
Regards
Derek

----------

Prophet X, Yamaha Montage 7, SY99, TG77, EX5R, AN1x, FS1r, Motif Rack ES (with PLG150-AN and PLG150-VL), Korg Kronos X61, Nord G2 Engine, and way too many VSTis!

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2021, 08:33:21 AM »
Hi All,

It's just the XL that has been phased out. The standard Prophet X is continuing to be manufactured.
SEQUENTIAL