Starsky Pits Take5 Against Prophet5

LPF83

Starsky Pits Take5 Against Prophet5
« on: October 19, 2021, 04:24:46 PM »
His results reflect what I hear in videos.  It's a great synth at a great price, but its no Prophet 5/10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccxp2m0tO3Y
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

Re: Starsky Pits Take5 Against Prophet5
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 04:51:01 PM »
it was never meant to be a Prophet 5/10.  if you want something that sounds like a Prophet 5/10 get a fucking Prophet 5/10.

LPF83

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2021, 05:51:38 PM »
it was never meant to be a Prophet 5/10.  if you want something that sounds like a Prophet 5/10 get a fucking Prophet 5/10.

Well a lot of folks don't want to spend that much and are interested in how it compares.  There was a bit of a kerfufle when the T5 was announced, as a lot of folks thought it was a Prophet 5 at nearly a third of the cost with more features, and I think many folks will be interested in Starsky's comparison.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2021, 06:13:47 PM »
I watched Starsky's comparison and it was well done.  I am looking forward to his next one with the Prophet 6 and possibly 600.  He touched on how it differed and how it has it's own voice. 

what bugs me is people who shit on a new synth because it doesn't sound like a vintage synth they keep wanking over.  if you are in a cover band I can understand needing something that sounds like something older.  but then you can either get the real thing (or if you need the CS80 sound as an example, and have deep pockets get the Deckard's Dream), or use a VST.

I would ramble more but my train of thought just derailed.   

LPF83

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2021, 06:30:55 PM »
I watched Starsky's comparison and it was well done.  I am looking forward to his next one with the Prophet 6 and possibly 600.  He touched on how it differed and how it has it's own voice. 

what bugs me is people who shit on a new synth because it doesn't sound like a vintage synth they keep wanking over.  if you are in a cover band I can understand needing something that sounds like something older.  but then you can either get the real thing (or if you need the CS80 sound as an example, and have deep pockets get the Deckard's Dream), or use a VST.

I would ramble more but my train of thought just derailed.

I haven't heard anyone here shit on the Take5, are you sure you're not bringing sentiment from another forum over?

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2021, 06:37:01 PM »
I really don't peruse the forum formally known by the initials G and S, I have seen it a few times on this forum and, I will admit, probably some demo videos.  it wasn't for the Take 5 that I know of (which I really like, just need to pay off some bills first) but for others in the Sequential line up.

my brain is fried (no not due to that), need to rest

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2021, 06:48:17 PM »
Speaking of Gearslutz, let's not degrade this forum by imitating their filthy language, okay?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 10:17:38 AM by Sacred Synthesis »