Aftertouch problem OS 1.1.0

Aftertouch problem OS 1.1.0
« on: October 10, 2021, 02:03:43 AM »
Anyone having oproblems with AT? OS 1.1.0. I cant get mine to work at all. Bought my P3 from Reverb and had it 3 months and maybe Ive never noticed it doesnt work. All checked and activated in Global so it genuinely seems to be a problem with firmware or hardware?

Any ideas? Many thanks

chysn

Re: Aftertouch problem OS 1.1.0
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 05:48:25 AM »
The ribbon cable probably came loose during shipping. You just need a wrench for the jack nuts, and a screwdriver to open your Pro 3. Then unplug and re-seat the ribbon cables connected to the circuit board.

If that doesn’t work, contact Sequential support and they’ll get you sorted out.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 06:04:00 AM »
Ah thankyou. Which screws to open it?

The ribbon cable probably came loose during shipping. You just need a wrench for the jack nuts, and a screwdriver to open your Pro 3. Then unplug and re-seat the ribbon cables connected to the circuit board.

If that doesn’t work, contact Sequential support and they’ll get you sorted out.

chysn

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 06:30:29 AM »
Here are the instructions that Sequential Support gave to me when I had to check my ribbon cables.

Note that I was mistaken about the wrench. I didn’t need that until I had to replace the main board. Hopefully you won’t need to do that!

Below are instructions for getting inside the Pro3 and locating the ribbon cables to reseat. All you will need is a screwdriver.

Flip the Pro3 upside down onto something soft, such as a strip of bubble wrap or a towel.

There are three screws on each side, securing the plastic end caps to the bottom metalwork. Remove these screws to free the ends caps.
Flip the unit back over into its normal position.

To free the top metalwork from the bottom metalwork, remove the screw on each side, as well as the 5 screws along the top of the back.

Flip the top metalwork back and place it behind the bottom metalwork, knobs down on something soft, such as a strip of bubble wrap or a towel.

Next, note the 10-pin ribbon cable between the Transpose/Latch PCB and the Main PCB. Gently remove and reseat it at both ends.

Remove the long ribbon connector that goes between the Main board and the Panel boards. There is a plastic latch on this cable's header that needs to be gently lifted by placing 1 finger at either end and gently pulling upwards a few millimeters until it stops. Then the cable can be pulled out of the connector. Do the same on the panel end of this ribbon. Note the direction that the ribbon needs to be oriented (lettering towards you.)

Remove the short ribbon cable that connects the two panel boards. This one can be a pain to get seated -- it has ZIF tabs like the longer ribbon cable, which means you unlock them by lifting the tabs a few millimeters until they stop, then slide out the ribbon. I would do this one end at a time instead of pulling the whole ribbon out. Make sure that this one is reconnected with the blue end tapes facing out.

Reassemble in reverse order, power up, calibrate the oscillators & filters, then call up the basic program.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2021, 09:25:23 AM »
So thanks for the advice, opened it up and reseated the cable... no difference. :( It wasnt unseated at all when I opened up the P3 so I guess its something else?

Any other ideas?

Here are the instructions that Sequential Support gave to me when I had to check my ribbon cables.

Note that I was mistaken about the wrench. I didn’t need that until I had to replace the main board. Hopefully you won’t need to do that!

Below are instructions for getting inside the Pro3 and locating the ribbon cables to reseat. All you will need is a screwdriver.

Flip the Pro3 upside down onto something soft, such as a strip of bubble wrap or a towel.

There are three screws on each side, securing the plastic end caps to the bottom metalwork. Remove these screws to free the ends caps.
Flip the unit back over into its normal position.

To free the top metalwork from the bottom metalwork, remove the screw on each side, as well as the 5 screws along the top of the back.

Flip the top metalwork back and place it behind the bottom metalwork, knobs down on something soft, such as a strip of bubble wrap or a towel.

Next, note the 10-pin ribbon cable between the Transpose/Latch PCB and the Main PCB. Gently remove and reseat it at both ends.

Remove the long ribbon connector that goes between the Main board and the Panel boards. There is a plastic latch on this cable's header that needs to be gently lifted by placing 1 finger at either end and gently pulling upwards a few millimeters until it stops. Then the cable can be pulled out of the connector. Do the same on the panel end of this ribbon. Note the direction that the ribbon needs to be oriented (lettering towards you.)

Remove the short ribbon cable that connects the two panel boards. This one can be a pain to get seated -- it has ZIF tabs like the longer ribbon cable, which means you unlock them by lifting the tabs a few millimeters until they stop, then slide out the ribbon. I would do this one end at a time instead of pulling the whole ribbon out. Make sure that this one is reconnected with the blue end tapes facing out.

Reassemble in reverse order, power up, calibrate the oscillators & filters, then call up the basic program.

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2021, 10:32:25 AM »
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but have you actually got it routed to something in the mod matrix?