COMPARE when WRITING new PROGRAM should SHOW program BEING overwritten

I'm sorry to get this posted after a recent update but this has always been a hard workaround:
How will we know what Program we are going to overwrite with a newly edited Program, if (as at present)
COMPARE (when Writing a new Program) doesn't SHOW the name of the Program we're about to overwrite?
Thanks!
T8, Tempest, OB6, Prophet X. 8DIO Prophet 5 add-on, Sample Packs from Lady Gaia (synth waveforms) and Modulatable.com (Moog One.)

Re: COMPARE when WRITING new PROGRAM should SHOW program BEING overwritten
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 12:23:53 AM »
I do not know of a way of doing this, and if there was one change I would love to see on the PX, it is this. All my other synths show me this.

My workaround is to note the next program slot I am happy to overwrite before I start editing.
Regards
Derek

----------

Prophet X, Yamaha Montage 7, SY99, TG77, EX5R, AN1x, FS1r, Motif Rack ES (with PLG150-AN and PLG150-VL), Korg Kronos X61, Nord G2 Engine, and way too many VSTis!

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 07:29:25 PM »
I do not know of a way of doing this, and if there was one change I would love to see on the PX, it is this. All my other synths show me this.

My workaround is to note the next program slot I am happy to overwrite before I start editing.

I should do that too. Thanks for the suggestion.
T8, Tempest, OB6, Prophet X. 8DIO Prophet 5 add-on, Sample Packs from Lady Gaia (synth waveforms) and Modulatable.com (Moog One.)

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 08:54:37 PM »
I'm sorry to get this posted after a recent update but this has always been a hard workaround:
How will we know what Program we are going to overwrite with a newly edited Program, if (as at present)
COMPARE (when Writing a new Program) doesn't SHOW the name of the Program we're about to overwrite?
Thanks!

I would definitely welcome this change.  It is something of a nuisance at the moment.

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 12:06:59 PM »
I am forgiving of the Prophet for this because it sounds so damn gorgeous, but I wish we do not have feel the force on the save location :)

Sequential?
Regards
Derek

----------

Prophet X, Yamaha Montage 7, SY99, TG77, EX5R, AN1x, FS1r, Motif Rack ES (with PLG150-AN and PLG150-VL), Korg Kronos X61, Nord G2 Engine, and way too many VSTis!