OB-6 sends Sysex on Pitchbend Wheel transmit

OB-6 sends Sysex on Pitchbend Wheel transmit
« on: October 08, 2021, 08:27:10 AM »
Troubleshooting a problem with the OB-6 sending Midi data to a Waldorf M. Can anyone with an OB-6 grab a screen cap of a Midi monitor and send pitchbend wheel data and post the results.

On mine when sending pitchbend it is sent as Sysex and want to confirm this happens on all of them and not just mine.

Or if you know of a setting on the OB-6 to not send pitchbend data as Sysex let me know but i couldn't find anything. Thanks

Re: OB-6 sends Sysex on Pitchbend Wheel transmit
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 10:50:09 AM »
Some additional info. The OB-6 is sending the sysex messages for Pitchbend as beginning with 0xF0 and ending with 0xF7

Example.
F0 10 37 F7
F0 10 2B F7
F0 10 22 F7

As seen by Midi monitor

Pitchbend Sysex should be sent as 0xE0 so appears to be a bug in the midi string sent from the OB-6 when pitchbend is sent over Midi.

Re: OB-6 sends Sysex on Pitchbend Wheel transmit
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 02:16:25 AM »
It's a bug in the OB6's MPE code.  As you step through midi channels to the 17th slot to select MPE, the synth gets confused and thinks it's using midi channel 17.  If you send pitchbend on ch 17 it is actually sysex!  They have the same bug for program changes which again are on Ch 17 and are received as aftertouch!  I told Sequential about this in April...  My Low Frequency Expander has to unpick these garbage messages and correct them.  Program changes are always preceded by bank changes so if I receive a bank change followed by aftertouch I know it's actually a program change and if I receive a garbage sysex start with a particular fingerprint I know it's meant to be pitch bend.  PITA but works perfectly when unpicked and corrected!