Pro3 PlugSE update septembre

Pro3 PlugSE update septembre
« on: October 04, 2021, 06:43:43 AM »
Pro3 Plug Se

An update was made in September.
The corrections allow the plugin to be used more concretely (used on Ableton)

I strongly advise you to try using it now, as it works much better than before.

Musically
Tiptop Audio Buchla System
ASM Hydrasynth
Endorphin.es Shuttle System
Soma Pulsar23
Sequential Prophet 6, Rev2, Pro3
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

chysn

Re: Pro3 PlugSE update septembre
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 04:05:27 PM »
I plan on digging much deeper into Ableton Live in 2022, so I might wind up getting at least the VST, and probably the VST/Editor bundle. Nobody ever says nice things about Soundtower's products or support, so I've historically ignored them. But these are not particularly pricey, and it might be worth the risk as I lay the groundwork for a more software-oriented system.

Have you tried this new update out yourself?
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 04:48:55 AM »
I've been having issues with the vst editor.  Even with this latest update.  My pro3 keeps going into a "receiving sysex" screen when starting up ableton with this device or whenever running this vst or changing patches.  I need to physically press cancel on the pro3 in order to get the synth to respond again.  The only resolution I have found so far is to always rebuild the global MIDI settings on the vst patcher and making sure "control program change with automation" is OFF (it's always set to on by default) even when saved within a default template in ableton.

Even then, changing patches by using the 3 bar button on the top left causes the "receiving sysex" error, but changing patches using the Banks button seems work fine be okay.  This all used to work fine before the latest Pro3 firmware.

It's just a pain in the butt as i always need to reconfigure the plugin every time i load it up or if i forget and press the wrong option for banks & patches.

Aside from this, i will say that the patcher has opened up the Pro3 to fit very well into my DAW workflow and allows a lot of automation that wouldn't be possible without it.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 04:53:07 AM by patrickdsp »

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 01:46:09 PM »
Hi Chysn and Patrickdsp !!  :D

@Chysn
You have created a great alternative to load wavetables !!
I haven't tested it yet, I'll do it soon I think.
Thanks again :) without that, it's technical chaos to enjoy your own tables.

Amen!

Pro3 PlugSe and Ableton:

Indeed I tested it on my pc, via Ableton.
Before that, I had communication issues with automation in Ableton with Pro3 plugSE.
When I turned a fader on the synth, it was recognized by Ableton and automatically the daw would display an automation line to control a parameter.
The problem was that after about 15 knobs turned randomly, communication between the synth and Ableton was interrupted.
This was the main problem I encountered.
Now the problem is no longer. It works without problem.

I admit that I contacted support to report the problem with screenshots and a fairly clear explanation about 8 months ago.

Indeed, being able to use this plugin is very practical!
For my part, as the designer of the plugin indicates, I do not activate Pro3 plugSE in the midi connections of Ableton. Pro 3 is off on this side.
From there, I load the plugin on a midi track, I activate the sysex communication in the plugin's midi menu once loaded and it works.

I haven't done more testing than that yet since my main issue is resolved, so I'm using the device without complications for now.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 01:49:31 PM by lvbeethoven »
ASM Hydrasynth
Soma Pulsar23
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2021, 04:49:22 PM »
Pro3 editor is unusable. Same issue as Patrickdsp. Amazing the software is semi-endorsed by Sequential.

chysn

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2021, 07:59:44 PM »
I started using the Pro 3 PlugSE demo today. My first observation is that panel parameter changes don't work in Ableton. That is, when I record with the plug-in, and move knobs like cutoff and Osc 3 shape mod, I can see the knobs moving in the plug-in window. But then, when I play the recorded track back, I see the virtual knobs moving, but the Pro 3 isn't getting the NRPN changes.

However, when I simply record Pro 3 knob movements into a MIDI track, everything plays back fine. My conclusion is that my Pro 3 is sending and receiving NRPN, but PlugSE is receiving but not sending.

Notes record and play fine through the plug-in.

I'm using USB MIDI, macOS Big Sur, and Live 11.

I'll keep playing around with the demo, though, until it works or until I get frustrated.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 08:01:25 PM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

jmg8

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2021, 12:41:39 AM »
That is a limitation of the demo. Each time you turn a software know it will show a red demo text. When you buy the full version this will work.

chysn

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2021, 10:37:10 AM »
That is a limitation of the demo. Each time you turn a software know it will show a red demo text. When you buy the full version this will work.

OK, thanks for that info. I'll skip it, then. With all the complaints of it not working, I don't want to leave a major feature like that to chance. I'll be fine with MIDI tracks.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his

jmg8

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2021, 12:49:40 PM »
It works fine for me. But I get you, I was worried about buying it, there is a lot of negative things said about it. For me it was worth the risk though, I love the genetics stuff.

chysn

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2021, 01:03:35 PM »
It works fine for me. But I get you, I was worried about buying it, there is a lot of negative things said about it. For me it was worth the risk though, I love the genetics stuff.

I'll spend more time with it. I wish it was nerfed by time instead of by features. It's way easier to get a feel for something that way.

I keep reassuring myself that if it doesn't work well, AmEx will reverse the charge in like two seconds.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2021, 02:16:09 PM »
I've just noticed a new version of PlugSE was posted on Oct 22nd (1.3.1). This seems to work a little better but is still not reliable.  Anyone had any success with the effect version in Ableton? I'm really surprised Sequential are pushing these editors in current state. Never had issues with Codeknobs.

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2021, 12:02:03 AM »
I've just noticed a new version of PlugSE was posted on Oct 22nd (1.3.1). This seems to work a little better but is still not reliable.  Anyone had any success with the effect version in Ableton? I'm really surprised Sequential are pushing these editors in current state. Never had issues with Codeknobs.

thanks for the info, I'll go download it!

On Ableton I haven't really had a pb since. it works better than before.

It is true that Sequential, as good as it is in the creation of synths, provides paid computer software and moreover designed by an external service provider who, far from being incompetent, is still far from being at the top.

Not long ago, I tested an Arturia Polybrute for 10 days. Software (polyconnect) was provided free of charge.

I bought a few days ago, a Digitakt drum machine from Elektron and 2 softwares that work without any problems are supplied with it.

At Sequential, I just bought a REV2 and a Prophet 6. I had to add 124 euros to have software that other designers are free. The worst part is that it may not work fully.

Thanks again for the Update Pro3 plugSE info
ASM Hydrasynth
Soma Pulsar23
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2021, 02:21:53 PM »
Update: 3 décembre. Version 1.5
ASM Hydrasynth
Soma Pulsar23
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2021, 04:46:45 AM »
Are People Encountering Bugs?
ASM Hydrasynth
Soma Pulsar23
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2021, 10:45:09 PM »
The issues I've faced with the vst seem to stem around the fact that other devices/apps want to lock the midi port out. Once something takes it, that's when the vst stops connecting.

This can be a very frustrating part of using hardware and software together. I feel there's some bad code at work but also midi itself has a great deal of fundamental flaws. The developer of the vst couldn't even guide me to a solution, think about that lol.

There are 2 solutions to this (there may be others but these are what I have found to work).

1. Loopmidi - Create virtual midiports and have your daw connect to the virtual midi rather than direct.

2. MioXL - This is my primary fix for all midi issues. It works like loopmidi but in hardware form. It creates virtual midi inputs and outputs, while your DAW connects to MioXL.

For example: In MioXL I'll create Pro3 DAW and Pro3 Computer. Ableton does not touch Pro3 Computer. It is connected to Pro3 DAW. Then, the VST will connect to Pro3 Computer and they will work together.

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2022, 07:43:44 AM »

1. Loopmidi - Create virtual midiports and have your daw connect to the virtual midi rather than direct.

2. MioXL - This is my primary fix for all midi issues. It works like loopmidi but in hardware form. It creates virtual midi inputs and outputs, while your DAW connects to MioXL.

Oh nice !  Really.
it's true that it's very annoying not to be able to use things in a more optimal way.

ASM Hydrasynth
Soma Pulsar23
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus