Prophet X not loading

Re: Prophet X not loading
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2024, 10:30:03 AM »
Update on my Prophet X repair. The motherboard and power supply both arrived from Sequential. I swapped the power supply....still the same issue. Going to try the motherboard next and swap the ram to the new board. Fingers crossed. If it doesn't work. I'll see what else can be done. I unfortunately can't afford to ship it to Sequential so it sadly might end up as E-Waste. :( I already lost money on soundtrack work because of this.

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2024, 08:45:45 AM »
Well I changed the mother board and power supply...no dice. Time to E waste it.

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2024, 09:17:58 AM »
Well I guess some higher power said "NO" after I posted that. The PX just sputtered and turned back on. Fully loaded with user samples and patches.

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2024, 03:46:13 AM »
Great news!

Btw if you are a professional at this point, I would 100% recommend getting a back up unit if you can. If the PX is a single point of failure I would definitely consider this if I were you, if it is possible.

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2024, 11:41:08 AM »
Great news!

Btw if you are a professional at this point, I would 100% recommend getting a back up unit if you can. If the PX is a single point of failure I would definitely consider this if I were you, if it is possible.

Unfortunately I don’t have the funds for anything right now. Hence why I couldn’t afford the shipping cost of the PX to Sequential.

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2024, 03:21:40 PM »
Actually I think if I were to get a “backup” it likely would be a workstation (Kurzweil, Akai, Korg etc) I know the whole point of the PX for me was because I had a really difficult time enjoying the workflow of those things (more time programming less time doing music.) but I can’t be stranded like this again.

Perhaps the Nord Wave 2?

Obviously the PX is my baby. My favorite synth of all time but I can’t put all my eggs into one basket when I have deadlines.

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2024, 06:26:16 AM »
The other day I tried to start PXL, it wouldn't start. I didn't play a single note, but I noticed that the power supply was getting so hot. I also noticed a pattern: I changed the power supply 2 times, after each replacement, the PX worked for about one month of active use. Then the freezes started. In both cases. Why is that? Isn't the power supply designed to last a long time? I don’t even understand how it’s designed, a instrument with such potential but with such a specific bug!

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2024, 01:30:30 AM »
At that point, I would drop my own 3rd party PSU in.
Regards
Derek

----------

Prophet X, Yamaha Montage 7, SY99, TG77, EX5R, AN1x, FS1r, Motif Rack ES (with PLG150-AN and PLG150-VL), Korg Kronos X61, Nord G2 Engine, and way too many VSTis!

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2024, 11:01:38 PM »
Just happened to me after all these years I've had it. It's just stuck on the loading screen. It doesn't say "Can't reach audio processor" it's just stuck. I've tried the F1 plnk keyboard trick and nothing is working.

The very same weekend I sell my Prophet 6 my Prophet X breaks.
Oh no, that's terrible. Could it be the same battery issue as before?