The Official Sequential/DSI Forum

Pro 3 Suddenly Distorting sound/Holding Notes

Pro 3 Suddenly Distorting sound/Holding Notes
« on: October 01, 2021, 01:53:38 PM »
Hi all, I just got a Pro 3 today, but I've been experiencing an issue where the synth will suddenly increase in volume, highly distort the sound, and sometimes the amp will stay open. It happens pretty consistently. I can't narrow it down if there are certain things I'm doing that trigger the behavior. Anyone else have issues like this?

childofcorn

• corn
Re: Pro 3 Suddenly Distorting sound/Holding Notes
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 02:52:03 PM »
I'm having a very similar problem and USB seems to have stopped working with mine. Lately it's been totally unusable and I'm pretty disappointed :/

Mine will randomly start droning extremely loud and will also being to go quiet and then become so abrasively loud again that it I fear it will damage my speakers.

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 12:32:53 AM »
This seems like some hardware problem. Did you contact the Sequential support yet?

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 06:11:08 PM »
childofcorn, that seems pretty similar to what I'm experiencing. I haven't contacted Sequential support yet, but I will now. I just wanted to see if anyone else had a similar issue.

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2021, 12:43:46 PM »
I was getting this kind of thing too. Over-driven sound (not the ladder filter variant) and unexpected (odd) behavior, but a global reset and a calibration seems to have sorted it out.