Note Cutoff

Note Cutoff
« on: November 17, 2023, 03:42:33 PM »
Hello,

Forgive me for such a newb question, but I recently received my Prophet 6 and I have question about note cutoff. For instance, if I wanted a bass note to ring out as I play a chord, I lose the bass note. I've searched the forums and reddit, but I'm still scratching my head. It's probably very obvious, but it never hurts to ask. It's my first hardware poly, so I'm clueless. Thanks for any help whatsoever. I'll try over there, too. Apologies if you see this twice.

Sincerely,
John

Re: Note Cutoff
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2023, 09:00:05 AM »
Hi John,

If I understand your question correctly, I think you maybe can get the behavior you are looking for by changing the "Key Assign Mode". You can access that by pressing and holding the button labeled "Key Mode" (in the upper right section of the panel). The display should show a value such as LO, Hi, LAS, etc. You can change the setting with the BANK and TENS buttons. I think maybe the LO or LOr setting might be the one (low note priority).

If however, you ever have more than 6 notes held at once (e.g., with lots of fingers down or via sustain pedal), I don't think there is any way to guarantee that any one note will have precedence and stay on.

Mark

Re: Note Cutoff
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2023, 10:51:31 AM »
Hello,

Forgive me for such a newb question, but I recently received my Prophet 6 and I have question about note cutoff. For instance, if I wanted a bass note to ring out as I play a chord, I lose the bass note. I've searched the forums and reddit, but I'm still scratching my head. It's probably very obvious, but it never hurts to ask. It's my first hardware poly, so I'm clueless. Thanks for any help whatsoever. I'll try over there, too. Apologies if you see this twice.

Sincerely,
John

Assuming you're holding the bass note down:   Turn the Sustain all the way up for both filter envelope and amp envelope.    Or set the Decay very high and sustain lower, if you want it to gradually ring out as you hold it. 

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral