Prophet 6 Desktop NO MIDI

Prophet 6 Desktop NO MIDI
« on: September 29, 2021, 08:08:51 PM »
Hey,

I've just recently ran into a wall with my prophet 6.

Main problem is i'm not getting any MIDI information into the prophet 6 desktop version, audio is working alright though, if i press the play button on the sequencer i get audio out of the prophet.

I tried global resetting it but that didn't do the trick.

Right now it's connected via MIDI cables to my Komplete Audio 6 running ableton, i tried USB as well and that didn't work either.

I don't know what else to do, i've tried everything and i can't find answers on the manual or the internet, i really need some help!

PS: It was working fine, i started messing around with some settings in ableton since i just got a moog sub 37 and i must've changed something, but i pretty much reverted everything on ableton and i still can't get midi on the prophet/

Re: Prophet 6 Desktop NO MIDI
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 07:05:29 AM »
I have heard that Ableton does some odd midi things so I’d try controlling the P6 with another keyboard, just to verify that Ableton is the problem or not and that midi in and out on the P6 is actually working consistently. You could use the sub 37 for that.

Good luck. :)

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2023, 09:29:56 PM »
Same problem here, but just with sending MIDI signal straight from controller to P-6.
Any help appreciated. Thanks.

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2023, 08:46:30 AM »
Hi Blacklab. Do you have a computer midi monitor? If so you might try hooking the controller to the computer and looking for midi messages to see if the problem lies in the controller or not. If not then try routing the midi to the P6 and again look for midi going out to the P6. Not sure how to do this on a Win PC as I left the Microsoft universe some time ago. I use a Mac which makes routing midi very easy.

On my iMac I use Midi Monitor but be aware that it is a 32 bit app and won't work on osx versions later than 10.14.6. It's the main reason that I haven't upgraded as my studio would be severely crippled without it.

Good luck.

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2023, 09:02:17 AM »
Thanks, Keith. I tried 3 separate controllers but didn’t test them all. Stranger things have happened!