Filter Knob sending value on it's own.

Filter Knob sending value on it's own.
« on: September 23, 2021, 01:44:28 PM »
Hi; I've registered here just for this issue.. hopefully I can explain it well enough.

The filter cutoff knob sometimes independently sends a value corresponding (apparently) to where it is physically sitting.

So if I recall a patch with an open filter, but the filter knob is set low, sometimes the filter will 'automatically' close itself.

Maybe I've jostled the synth slightly, but I know I've not touched the filter knob.   Its almost like the knob needs a slightly higher threshold before it responds to movement.   

Has anyone experienced this?  Any advice?
Thanks

Re: Filter Knob sending value on it's own.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 04:43:15 AM »
Hi; I've registered here just for this issue.. hopefully I can explain it well enough.

The filter cutoff knob sometimes independently sends a value corresponding (apparently) to where it is physically sitting.

So if I recall a patch with an open filter, but the filter knob is set low, sometimes the filter will 'automatically' close itself.

Maybe I've jostled the synth slightly, but I know I've not touched the filter knob.   Its almost like the knob needs a slightly higher threshold before it responds to movement.   

Has anyone experienced this?  Any advice?
Thanks

What firmware are you on? If I recall correctly, this may have been a known bug on the initial firmware.

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 09:46:42 AM »
I have the latest firmware. (with the patch morphing.. that's the latest right?)

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 03:30:00 PM »
I have the latest firmware. (with the patch morphing.. that's the latest right?)
Correct.

SeleN

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 10:32:46 PM »
same here i guess…. on latest os

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2021, 10:45:49 PM »
.. and same here .. latest beta os .. happens pretty frequently :-(

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2021, 09:29:41 AM »
Just bought one a few days and found this thread due to the same thing  I guess.  Just seems a few knobs even though stiff I assume for this reason seem to change at the slightest touch or like the poster said, perhaps a bump.

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2021, 08:28:02 PM »
What serial #? Some had a bad board that was too sensitive and would change values on their own.

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2021, 11:42:44 AM »
My sn is 01016.     Interesting to know I'm not alone here.

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2021, 09:23:34 PM »
I'm also experiencing this on 1.1 and 0186 serial. Sounds like an older board.

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2021, 09:56:30 PM »
What's a current/updated sn# look like?  I wonder how many units they've made.

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2021, 10:05:44 AM »
Good question. I'm hoping they respond with which serial numbers are affected.

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2021, 07:06:49 PM »
I know a certain range of serial numbers were affected, but not sure which. The first unit I bought had this problem. The later serial number one that I bought later has been good.