Tempest as Master and stop continuous sending of midi clock?

Hi,

Is there a way to have Tempest as master clock and when stopping playback, stopping the continuous running of clocks also and then starting clocks again when starting playback?

Is this a normal behaviour with the continuous running of clocks?

I have a Doepfer MSY2 using the sync out running a Korg Poly 61 Arpeggiator input and the arp keeps running after the Tempest has stopped playback due to the Tempest running clocks after it is stopped.

Workaround is to mute the Poly 61 channel on the desk until required but is there another way?

Thankyou.

Tim

Tim

Re: Tempest as Master and stop continuous sending of midi clock?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 11:31:24 PM »
As i recall that's how Tempest works and there's no way to stop the continuous clock messages.I don't know maybe a fix is possible with an OS update you should ask Chris or Roger about it.

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 11:35:34 PM »
Hi Yorgos!

I will pose the question to support.

Thanks again for your reply.

Tim
Tim

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 12:06:33 AM »
Since there is talk of firmware updates soon, I have sent a message to support to see if it would be possible to implement 2 options in Tempest when used as the master.
1) Clock running always and
2) Clock running only during playback/record

Maybe there is a reason clock has to run all the time?

Anyway, watch this space.

Regards

Tim
Tim

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 08:01:54 PM »
Spoke to DSI support and they mentioned as per the midi protocol for an instrument as a master, clocks will always run whether it's running/stopped/recording.

The chances of a firmware update implementing clocks being started and stopped when using Tempest as a master would be very slim.

Anyway, that's the latest.

Regards

Tim

Tim