Rhodes Mk8 Anyone??

Rhodes Mk8 Anyone??
« on: September 22, 2021, 08:23:25 AM »
Not sure if it's of anything other than general interest, but I heard that Rhodes is manufacturing the Mk8 - but not a lot of detail.

As I understand it is still all analog signal path and has a more advanced EQ/Filter as well as effects.
I suspect reverb tank and Vibrato/chorus.

Haven't seen any pics but it does sound compelling from an historic perspective.

.->-.
`-<-' Transmitted on 100% recycled electrons

Re: Rhodes Mk8 Anyone??
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 11:14:49 AM »
It'll be easily $5-10K in terms of price.

Even Vintage Vibes are quite expensive as they are...can you imagine adding a "brand" name to them? Sheesh

As much as I can appreciate the idea of an authentic mechanical piano, I think physical modelling and deep sampling have made them more of a luxury these days.

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 05:10:42 PM »
There are some teaser-type photos on their Facebook page, mainly of the panel, but there have been some other shots.

I’m very keen to learn the pricing, what models they have and ultimately play and hear one as I’d really like to get an electromechanical piano again; I almost ordered a VV piano last year and have been dithering over a used one I’ve found.

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 04:35:27 AM »
There are some teaser-type photos on their Facebook page, mainly of the panel, but there have been some other shots.

I’m very keen to learn the pricing, what models they have and ultimately play and hear one as I’d really like to get an electromechanical piano again; I almost ordered a VV piano last year and have been dithering over a used one I’ve found.

By all accounts the VV's are really really top notch quality - but availability down here in the antipodes is basically non-existent.
I have seen them demo'ed and they sound fantastic.

an old suitcase will sell here between 7-10K easily if it is in good working order with no issues.

So a mk8 would be fantastic if it came in around the same price as a prophet 6 or thereabouts.

But pricing guide would be a nice thing to have - if it's in Prophet 5/10 territory, it's probably not going to sell here other than to a studio. (few of those these days).

It's true about the emulator stuff... My Kurzweil does a stellar job of vibes clavs and rhodes and hammonds.. infinitely tweakable too.

It'd just be nice to have an electromechanical. I'm pretty much over the software synth thing tbh.
.->-.
`-<-' Transmitted on 100% recycled electrons