Paraphonic mode

Paraphonic mode
« on: September 17, 2021, 02:12:28 PM »
I know this is an odd requests and it's likely not going to be implemented but I do think it would be awesome if the Take 5 had a 10 voice paraphonic mode as an option. It would be quite unique sounding (especially in those String Machine sounding patches) and also give further flexibility to an already awesome synth in case the user wanted to play more notes.

Re: Paraphonic mode
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 11:02:47 PM »
Single oscillators synth sounds has their limitations, I think, even with continuous blend of waveforms.

I hope T5 do so well that a T10 will arise from it anyway in near future.
And as a preset junkie making intermediate saves like crazy, if T5 find a way to overwrite factory presets as well, I am confident it will make it to history books.

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2021, 04:56:57 PM »
 I think it's best to leave paraphony to Moog.

The Take5 is an amazing little bit of gear, but my urge to have a Prophet-10 overpowered the desire for the versatility of the Take5.

Prediction is that it WILL become a genre-defining classic.  how long it takes to get there (instant success vs a niche subculture that is not appreciative for another 40 years) and whether the competition out-sell on price will be an interesting observation.

My bank account is depleted from a recent Prophet-10 and Matriarch purchase, but a Take5 purchase is definitely on the cards. For what it does at the price - it's bang on and should do well.

Take5 just needs a heavier and more serious marketing push. Maybe Focusrite will help with some brand awareness to the uninformed masses out there? hard to know.

But like everything these days, it's not measured as a successful product until the socials start to shill and the instantaneous demand created by socials creates a supply shortage.
.->-.
`-<-' Transmitted on 100% recycled electrons

LPF83

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2021, 05:25:43 PM »

Take5 just needs a heavier and more serious marketing push. Maybe Focusrite will help with some brand awareness to the uninformed masses out there? hard to know.

But like everything these days, it's not measured as a successful product until the socials start to shill and the instantaneous demand created by socials creates a supply shortage.

I think budgeting for marketing these days on a product like this must be difficult.  In the days of Youtube demos it would be very easy to overspend on marketing and never see the return, or underspend and still have one aspect of that marketing effort go viral and really take off (and most of all not being able to properly measure cause and effect in order to know how to spend where).  Add to that the fact that you really need synth experts and musicians to do the marketing, none of whom work directly for marketing companies... subject matter expertise is very dispersed.

With the exception of the P5/10 Rev4 (which I've always known I wanted), most synth purchases  have been based on audio demos, and pretty much never the sponsored type of demo that emerge upon product release.  I usually buy a synth after hearing many demos from many different people, and I sort of make an aggregate decision in my mind about whether the overall sound suits a specific need.   This can occur a year or two after a synth is released sometimes -- a typical scenario is when I hear a specific sound designer release a demo of their custom sounds that are close to what I'm looking for.   I'm sure lots of synths are capable of making sounds I would like, but I'm much more inclined to buy when I've heard a demo of many sound packs from many designers.

So for me the T5 is very much a wait-and-see product.  In the demos I've heard so far, it sounds good, and strikes me as a very cost effective synth, but does not (yet) seem to fulfill a need that one of my other synths doesn't already do better (aside from the portability aspect which it does very well, but I personally don't need portability).  That opinion might change with future demos.

Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2021, 11:21:22 PM »

I think budgeting for marketing these days on a product like this must be difficult.  In the days of Youtube demos it would be very easy to overspend on marketing and never see the return, or underspend and still have one aspect of that marketing effort go viral and really take off (and most of all not being able to properly measure cause and effect in order to know how to spend where).  Add to that the fact that you really need synth experts and musicians to do the marketing, none of whom work directly for marketing companies... subject matter expertise is very dispersed.

With the exception of the P5/10 Rev4 (which I've always known I wanted), most synth purchases  have been based on audio demos, and pretty much never the sponsored type of demo that emerge upon product release.  I usually buy a synth after hearing many demos from many different people, and I sort of make an aggregate decision in my mind about whether the overall sound suits a specific need.   This can occur a year or two after a synth is released sometimes -- a typical scenario is when I hear a specific sound designer release a demo of their custom sounds that are close to what I'm looking for.   I'm sure lots of synths are capable of making sounds I would like, but I'm much more inclined to buy when I've heard a demo of many sound packs from many designers.

So for me the T5 is very much a wait-and-see product.  In the demos I've heard so far, it sounds good, and strikes me as a very cost effective synth, but does not (yet) seem to fulfill a need that one of my other synths doesn't already do better (aside from the portability aspect which it does very well, but I personally don't need portability).  That opinion might change with future demos.

I did try one last week, just out of curiosity when I'd just purchased the Prophet-10.  It's in an interesting space, in that I think for many, it will tick a lot of versatility boxes, but it's not a 100% does-everything better than <insert every brand here> specific synth box.

Like yourself I have always waited patiently, and then waited some more for the bugs to be ironed out.
The P10 for me was a many-month long somewhat agonizing decision in the making, and I was still on the fence between the 5 and the 10, but the extra voices tipped the scale for me vs cost hurdle. In the process I purchased a matriarch and 2600 to 'offset the frustration' of indecision.
The objective and higly valuable independent synth youtube channels helped sway me to the 10. the 2.0 firmware update is a fantastic bonus and very timely for me.

Take5 isn't a priority, but the versatility appealed to me. I'd take it travelling with me for sure. More than I'd take a prophet-6 for example or the matriarch, simply the size makes all the difference.
Cretainly feels lighter than a Jupiter Xm to me and packs more interest and while I am sure there are competing products from many other brands, The Take5 is somewhat more appealing - to me at least.

I think there are some other compact synths that will undercut on price but perhaps not on the quality / features.

.->-.
`-<-' Transmitted on 100% recycled electrons

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2021, 08:45:53 PM »
Seeing as this thread got totally derailed, its probably best to close it.