Sequencer

Sequencer
« on: September 15, 2021, 07:18:19 PM »
Hi guys,
I hope all is well.

I was just wondering, (Noobie-)

Is it possible to trigger the sequences (ABC, +D) another way aprt from using the front panel buttons?

and,

Is it possible to copy note data from one track to another?
Using the method described in the manual, I can copy all other info e.g. automation data from one track to another but this way doesn't include the notes. Using the screen to edit is fine but is there another way?

Last but not least,
I understand one can copy sequences around within the current program,
Is it possible to copy a sequence 'between' programs e.g. 'B from one program' and paste it into 'D' in the current program?
The manual mentions using SEQ LOCK and CUE PGM to achieve this.
SEQ LOCK locks the sequence, CUE PGM enables cueing a sequence, neither of them copy a sequence?
Is it possible? IDK..

Does any of you guys use the Pro 3 editor and the PlugSE?

thank you guys,

Ben.

chysn

Re: Sequencer
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 03:48:54 AM »
Is it possible to trigger the sequences (ABC, +D) another way aprt from using the front panel buttons?

Unfortunately not.

Is it possible to copy note data from one track to another?
Using the method described in the manual, I can copy all other info e.g. automation data from one track to another but this way doesn't include the notes. Using the screen to edit is fine but is there another way?

Follow the procedure on page 65 exactly ("Copying a Sequence from One Track to Another"). Track 1 is the note track, and you can copy this data to any other track.

Is it possible to copy a sequence 'between' programs e.g. 'B from one program' and paste it into 'D' in the current program?
The manual mentions using SEQ LOCK and CUE PGM to achieve this.
SEQ LOCK locks the sequence, CUE PGM enables cueing a sequence, neither of them copy a sequence?

It's all or nothing on sequence copying. For reference, here's how to copy a sequence between Program A and Program B:

(1) Select Program A
(2) Press SEQ_LOCK
(3) Select Program B

The sequence is now copied to Program B. If you want to save the change you've made to Program B, press Write twice.

(4) Press SEQ_LOCK again

This copies all of A, B, C, and D. If you want to now copy B to D, you'll have to follow the "Copying and Pasting an Entire Sequence" procedure on page 65. But there's no way to "protect" existing sequences from SEQ_LOCK.

Have fun with your Pro 3!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 04:00:54 AM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

Re: Sequencer
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 01:19:35 PM »
Oh I just seen this...
I see!
That's no problem, I should get along just fine.
Thanks a lot for the info, I appreciate it.