Test Patches

magikroom

• www.geosynths.com
    • GEOSynths
Test Patches
« on: September 15, 2021, 06:57:57 AM »
Picked one up the other day and it's a really cool little Synth - I'm working on a Bank and here's 10 of them, i'll also be doing a Live Stream with it on Thursday at 7pm BST (EST 2pm)

https://soundcloud.com/magikroom/sequential-take-5-10-more-patches

Live Stream - https://youtu.be/7ddZxDO1W18
GEOSynths - Fresh, new sounds for DSI Prophet REV2 (Vol 1 & 2) - Prophet 12 - Sequential Prophet 6 - DSI OB6 (Volume 1 & 2)  Novation PEAK - Behringer DeepMind 12 (Vol 1 & 2) - Korg Prologue - Korg KingKorg - Nord Lead A1 - Roland System 8 & Roland Cloud.

Re: Test Patches
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 07:40:43 AM »
Beautiful work! I am really liking the sounds coming out of this synth.

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 11:41:29 AM »
Sounds great!

magikroom

• www.geosynths.com
    • GEOSynths
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 11:53:49 AM »
Beautiful work! I am really liking the sounds coming out of this synth.

Thanks, I'm really enjoying using it, it's much better than I thought it was going to be, very impressed so far.
GEOSynths - Fresh, new sounds for DSI Prophet REV2 (Vol 1 & 2) - Prophet 12 - Sequential Prophet 6 - DSI OB6 (Volume 1 & 2)  Novation PEAK - Behringer DeepMind 12 (Vol 1 & 2) - Korg Prologue - Korg KingKorg - Nord Lead A1 - Roland System 8 & Roland Cloud.

LPF83

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 04:31:32 AM »
Thanks, I'm really enjoying using it, it's much better than I thought it was going to be, very impressed so far.

Great sounding patches!   

To my ear, and based on the limited selection of sound samples I've heard, the Take5 seems to have a bit of a hybrid vibe to the oscillator tone that reminds me more of a Prophet 12 than a Prophet 5/10 (and that's a good thing because I love my P12 as well as my P10).  It seems more "well-behaved" with regard to tuning variance -- which often sits well in a mix.

Since you have all three of the synths mentioned here, do you also find that to be the case?
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

magikroom

• www.geosynths.com
    • GEOSynths
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2021, 04:11:31 AM »

Great sounding patches!   

To my ear, and based on the limited selection of sound samples I've heard, the Take5 seems to have a bit of a hybrid vibe to the oscillator tone that reminds me more of a Prophet 12 than a Prophet 5/10 (and that's a good thing because I love my P12 as well as my P10).  It seems more "well-behaved" with regard to tuning variance -- which often sits well in a mix.

Since you have all three of the synths mentioned here, do you also find that to be the case?

It has a slightly grittier tone than the P6, but is better than the rev 2, in fact, the more I use it (besides the OB6) I think it's the best sounding Synth they've made.  I'm hugely impressed with the range of Sounds and control over time I have of it.  You can make "Digital" sounding sounds with Analog Synths quite easy, but for me the modulation of both the frequency and filter is creating some amazing sounds.  Here's some more [size=78%]Sounds - [/size]
[/size]
https://soundcloud.com/magikroom/sequential-take-5-10-more-patches