Bluewave presets only partially loading

Bluewave presets only partially loading
« on: September 12, 2021, 12:53:22 AM »
Greets on the Board, new here and new to the spectacular PX. Got a loading issue with the BlueWave pack, the samples have transferred fine but the BlueWave presets fill U4 only as far as P36, then P37 is 12 Stringed Warmth and the factory bank continues to P128. I've tried loading many times via MIDI and USB (sending from SysEx Librarian, latest vs) but no joy. Any guidance would be a huge plus. (I'm on OS Catalina.)
Through the spirit man goes to God. What a disaster! Arthur Rimbaud

Re: Bluewave presets only partially loading
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 06:58:08 AM »
Presets are transferred by sysex from your computer and the PX is pretty slow when it comes to receiving sysex stuff. Try cutting your transfer speed in half and see if that works. Others have had very similar problems.

Cheers,

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 08:44:55 AM »
That's both good and bad news. The bad: tried that half-speed routine already and it hasn't helped. The good: seems from what you're saying that my machine is not uniquely flawed in some way as I was beginning to suspect ;-)) If others are going through the same hoops then I'm happy. No, seriously, that is disheartening news. Why should the PX be so slow in this respect?

I'll try an even slower transfer and report back.
Through the spirit man goes to God. What a disaster! Arthur Rimbaud

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2021, 06:08:10 PM »
There's a pc in the PX that is likely at least a generation old and not as fast a newer machines. I found that when I put a 32Gb data stick in it took about 30 seconds or more to be recognised whereas on my iMac it only takes about 5 seconds. I can't say why the pc is so slow except to guess that Dave and his engineers wanted to use the most reliable motherboard that the could find and sometimes this means using older hardware. Let us know how you get on.

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2021, 05:41:28 PM »
I'm having the same problem. My Prophet X is directly connected to my MacOS 11.6 MacBook Pro 16". I installed the samples, no problem. Setting Sysex Librarian to its slowest transfer speed of 1%, I can only install 82 of the 128 programs. Faster speeds transferred even less. Any suggestions how to get all the programs to install?

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2021, 07:11:47 AM »
Hi,

Have you updated to the latest OS for the PX? It has resolved a lot of MIDI SYSEX issues (well for me, anyway)
Regards
Derek

----------

Prophet X, Yamaha Montage 7, SY99, TG77, EX5R, AN1x, FS1r, Motif Rack ES (with PLG150-AN and PLG150-VL), Korg Kronos X61, Nord G2 Engine, and way too many VSTis!

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2021, 07:20:13 AM »
Mine reports M:2.2.0, DSP: 2.2.0.0.0, FPGA: 1.0

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2021, 07:43:35 AM »
Greets on the Board, new here and new to the spectacular PX. Got a loading issue with the BlueWave pack, the samples have transferred fine but the BlueWave presets fill U4 only as far as P36, then P37 is 12 Stringed Warmth and the factory bank continues to P128. I've tried loading many times via MIDI and USB (sending from SysEx Librarian, latest vs) but no joy. Any guidance would be a huge plus. (I'm on OS Catalina.)

I had this problem and downloaded the midi sysex tranfer utility from the microsoft store and it resolved it.  I know thats not helpful since you are on Mac, but its something with the speed or something.  I couldnt get midiox to transfer.  it would either partially transfer or give me a memory error.

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2021, 02:26:37 PM »
Per Goldbaby's advice, I connected via DIN, used the slowest transfer speed, and it worked. Even a transfer speed of 10% left many holes. I had to set the speed to 1%, and wait more than 4 hours.