OS 2.0 - Breaks Init patch

LPF83

OS 2.0 - Breaks Init patch
« on: September 11, 2021, 08:50:13 AM »
Does anyone know when the Record+Preset button method of initializing a patch (to a plain, single oscillator saw with open filter etc) will be fixed?   I cannot get it to behave consistently in OS 2.0. 

I've had to revert to OS version 1.5.2 for the time being.  Being able to quickly start with a blank slate, make a few tweaks and go is critical to my workflow and more important to me than dual layers / bi-timbrality. 

It's the essence of what makes the P5/10 great.... no need to manage a huge library of sounds, just create as needed.

That essence was removed in OS 2.0.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 09:18:45 AM by LPF83 »
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

Re: OS 2.0 - Breaks Init patch
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 09:07:58 AM »
Yep, same.

Already reached out to support who responded by stating that the initialize feature now just directs to a specific patch (didn’t tell me which) and that this will be resolved in a follow up update.

I’d rather have init patch working than split or layer, personally, as well.

LPF83

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 09:18:16 AM »
Yep, same.

Already reached out to support who responded by stating that the initialize feature now just directs to a specific patch (didn’t tell me which) and that this will be resolved in a follow up update.

I’d rather have init patch working than split or layer, personally, as well.

Thanks for the info, its good to know a fix is in the works.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 10:01:33 AM »
Why not create your own "init patch" , "blank sheet" or "default" setting
with all buttons the way you want them to be , and then save that patch
to 111 or 558 or whatever position you want ???

Then you have your "init patch" ready to go in seconds .......

Just a thought  ....    :o

Cheers !
1976 MiniKORG700s // 1979 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 // Roland JUPITER-X

LPF83

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 10:31:17 AM »
Why not create your own "init patch" , "blank sheet" or "default" setting
with all buttons the way you want them to be , and then save that patch
to 111 or 558 or whatever position you want ???

Then you have your "init patch" ready to go in seconds .......

Just a thought  ....    :o

Cheers !

It's a possible workaround, but even getting to the init patch in the first place is so much of a pain in the ass it made me just reinstall the old version.  For a while, I was successfully able to get to init state by turning preset off, and then doing the Rec+Preset thing, and then just backing off settings on OSC.  Then out of nowhere that stopped working, and the "init" patch seemed to just be some random other patch regardless of how I initialized it.   

It seems to me like even a simple regression testing checklist for OS releases is not in place, that would be my recommendation to process improvement for Sequential.  This should have been an easy bug to spot.

I just don't understand why there was never a beta version of 2.0?  We had a pretty stable beta (1.5.2) and then all of a sudden 2.0 appears with no beta cycle.  I hope this isn't foreshadowing of how things are going to be under Focusrite.

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2021, 10:55:27 AM »
I have registered that the the first patch in the user bank i.e 111 is working as the INIT patch template.
Wonderful.

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2021, 12:08:55 PM »
I have registered that the the first patch in the user bank i.e 111 is working as the INIT patch template.
Wonderful.
Sounds perfect - user definable init patch at the expensive of one memory slot.

jc

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2021, 06:58:11 PM »
Wonderful.
Sounds perfect - user definable init patch at the expensive of one memory slot.

It'll be the workaround until they fix it. One can still do splits and layers yay. I hope they add several octave up/down midi out in that update, come on guys, you can do it!

SMV

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2021, 11:20:37 AM »
I have another strange behavior
When i switch off the preset button ( to go in panel mode ), my Prophet plays the right notes for a while, but after goes up 5 semitones ( the frequency knob still shows the c1 note ). But this behavior does not happen when the preset button is lit.
Did anybody notice it?
SMV

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2021, 03:29:54 PM »
SEQUENTIAL