Hold button

Hold button
« on: June 17, 2016, 03:24:03 AM »
Is there any possibility on P6 to configure the Hold Button to keep only the last tone (akkord) without adding the new ones (up to six).

Re: Hold button
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 08:54:28 AM »
Simple answer: no.

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 11:15:08 AM »
Then, i am not smart enough to know how to use it... ???
What du you think about  "hold everything" button folks. How to use it in a proper (musical) way?

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 12:41:08 PM »
Then, i am not smart enough to know how to use it... ???
What du you think about  "hold everything" button folks. How to use it in a proper (musical) way?

You most probably use it for drones or arpeggios. For everything else I would just use a sustain pedal.

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 09:51:51 AM »
Isn't this the only way to latch the Arpeggiator?
Sequential P6; SCI Pro-One; Moog Minimoog Model D

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 10:46:34 AM »
Isn't this the only way to latch the Arpeggiator?

That's right. When hold is active, the arpeggiator is in relatch mode.

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2016, 11:36:15 PM »
You can also add notes to the arpeggio with Hold engaged. Just keep at least one key depressed and any keys you play will add notes to the existing arpeggio.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 11:27:39 AM »
So, its actually much more in conjunction with arpeggio then "stand alone" hold function. Thanks for the input  guys.  :)

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 12:16:40 PM »
So, its actually much more in conjunction with arpeggio then "stand alone" hold function. Thanks for the input  guys.  :)

Yes, if you just activate hold in normal play mode (without the apreggiator) it will make the notes last forever, depending on the sustain setting of the VCA envelope.

If you activate hold while the arpeggiator is on, it puts the arpeggiator in relatch mode, which means that if you play changing chords on the keyboard, the arpeggio will consist only of the notes of the chord you are currently playing, i.e. each new chord you play will replace the arpeggio from before. BUT: That only works if you don't play legato. As soon as you keep holding down one note during a chord change the new notes will be added to the arpeggio that's already playing.

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 04:17:40 PM »
I would have to double check this but I think you change the behavior by also changing the key mode.  It's a pretty flexible implementation I believe.
Sequential P6; SCI Pro-One; Moog Minimoog Model D