Strange presets problem with DSI TETRA + ELEKTRON

Strange presets problem with DSI TETRA + ELEKTRON
« on: September 08, 2021, 07:47:56 AM »
Recently I’ve bought DSI Tetra to use with Elektron Digitakt as an “multi timbral analog brain expansion”.

Tetra worked very well from the beginning via 5 pin midi cable, reacted perfectly to CCs, Program Changes, clock etc… But once I decided to start saving patches, a strange problem showed up: after confirming “write” the preset name started to look like “stripes” and preset has no sound at all.

Like this:

So first of all, I disconnected everything from Tetra, did a Factory Reset a few times (from the Global Menu ). Disconnected DT of course. And seems like it helped, at least I was able to change, save and recall a preset in single mode : )

However when I connected back my sequencer and switched to multi mode, somehow now I can’t save presets at all! In write mode it asks “yes or no” and when I press “+” it seems like the preset name has changed but when I scroll up and get back to the preset slot it just shows the old preset name like the write procedure hasn’t succeeded.

So now I’m wondering why it happens and how to get rid of it. Does that happen to somebody? Any ideas?

Re: Strange presets problem with DSI TETRA + ELEKTRON
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 10:17:43 AM »
To save presets with multi on make sure you're in combo mode.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

Re: Strange presets problem with DSI TETRA + ELEKTRON
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 12:15:18 PM »
The problem is gone after updating it to the last firmware.

Lovely little synth! Still finds its own place in my setup among many other great synths, Tempest, P6. Very nice design!