Assigning pitch bend to foot controller?

Assigning pitch bend to foot controller?
« on: September 01, 2021, 06:41:21 AM »
I own a Prophet Rev2-16. Is there any way I can assign the pitch bend function to my expression pedal? In a live setting, both of my hands are busy playing both patch's layers with the split function, and I need to be able to pitch bend only one layer, as you would do with the pitch wheel, but unfortunately I do not have a third hand, so I was hoping I could just use an expression pedal as my pitch wheel. When I go into the mod matrix, I don't see pitch listed as a destination.
If it's really not possible, could I obtain the same result by assigning an oscillator to the pedal that would act the same way as a pitch wheel?
Thanks!

Re: Assigning pitch bend to foot controller?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2021, 04:33:16 PM »
I own a Prophet Rev2-16. Is there any way I can assign the pitch bend function to my expression pedal? In a live setting, both of my hands are busy playing both patch's layers with the split function, and I need to be able to pitch bend only one layer, as you would do with the pitch wheel, but unfortunately I do not have a third hand, so I was hoping I could just use an expression pedal as my pitch wheel. When I go into the mod matrix, I don't see pitch listed as a destination.
If it's really not possible, could I obtain the same result by assigning an oscillator to the pedal that would act the same way as a pitch wheel?
Thanks!

Yeah, you just want to target "Osc All Freq" with Exp Pedal source.   
+/-24 = +/- 1 octave
+/-14 = +/- P5
+/-4 = +/- M2

You won't get two way pitch action like a wheel, unless you have some crazy double spring pedal with perfect middle return, but yeah, you can definitely get some good one way pitch up or pitch down effects similar to wheel.   

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

Re: Assigning pitch bend to foot controller?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 01:38:15 AM »
Thank you so much! It works perfectly.