Desktop Version?

Desktop Version?
« on: August 31, 2021, 08:05:51 AM »
As much as I'd love to see one, I'm not sure we'll get one this time. Any news or speculation on the possibility of a T5 desktop module version?

Re: Desktop Version?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 08:54:07 AM »
Don't really see the point of it. The whole point of the Take 5 is that it's a portable fully analog poly synth with a budget friendly price. A desktop version would require external gear thus making it less portable.

Take it for what it is.

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 07:27:09 AM »
Don't really see the point of it. The whole point of the Take 5 is that it's a portable fully analog poly synth with a budget friendly price. A desktop version would require external gear thus making it less portable.

Take it for what it is.

That's my guess as well, which is a shame. I've got no room for another keyboard, even a small one.

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 02:38:46 AM »
It's deeply unlikely, but with the synth filling the same product space as the Mopho x4, I wondered if there might be a (multitimbral) module version to take the place of the Tetr4 (with a little more front panel control, please!)
I still have my Tetr4 and I adore it so much that I made my own front sticker for it featuring my album's artwork. I promise to do the same for any take five equivalent released.

I can also see how this all would make zero sense though, sadly!

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 07:22:15 AM »
I can also see how this all would make zero sense though, sadly!

I know. The more I hear of the T5, however, the more I hope for a desktop version, no matter how unlikely.

chysn

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2021, 09:07:26 AM »
Personally, I'd like to see a Desktop Take 5, because I love the sound of it, and it's got a flexible architecture.

I think the spirit of the Take 5 (space-saving and portable) would be served by a non-knobby desktop, akin to the Mopho desktop. Perhaps a subset of the original knobs. Maybe even a simple matrix. Some will get querulous when it's not an exact copy of the Take 5's panel. But those who understand will appreciate such a thing.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2021, 01:14:19 PM »
Personally, I'd like to see a Desktop Take 5, because I love the sound of it, and it's got a flexible architecture.

I think the spirit of the Take 5 (space-saving and portable) would be served by a non-knobby desktop, akin to the Mopho desktop. Perhaps a subset of the original knobs. Maybe even a simple matrix. Some will get querulous when it's not an exact copy of the Take 5's panel. But those who understand will appreciate such a thing.

Or perhaps like they did with the Prophet 12 desktop. I'd be happy with that!

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2021, 03:30:09 AM »
I dont find this very portable and it takes up way too much unnecessary room on my desk, for something that im using a Launchpad Pro to play and Elektron boxes to sequence. I would even remove the keybed, Microfreak style, if i knew it were possible without damaging anything, but then I'd have to 3d print my own side cheeks, i imagine. The udo super 6 module is very appealing to me and the peak , being much taller than the rev2 module, still fit in my Gator carry bag. I would love to be able to take this thing with me to work so I could design patches while im away from my desk. I actually find a Launchpad + a desktop synth MUCH more portable than a synth this size.

I think it would be a very welcome design and I hope they made it