MIDI Param Send is Off, but volume still sends CC 7

MIDI Param Send is Off, but volume still sends CC 7
« on: August 30, 2021, 09:38:09 AM »
In the globals, I set MIDI Param Send to Off, but MIDI Monitor verifies that turning the master volume knob is still transmitting CC 7 Channel Volume (coarse) to my other synths. Am I missing something?

chysn

Re: MIDI Param Send is Off, but volume still sends CC 7
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 05:25:56 PM »
In the globals, I set MIDI Param Send to Off, but MIDI Monitor verifies that turning the master volume knob is still transmitting CC 7 Channel Volume (coarse) to my other synths. Am I missing something?

Maybe the volume knob isn't considered a "parameter" for the purposes of this global setting? If true, that seems real nit-picky, but it's all I got.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

Pym

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 05:36:52 PM »
Master Volume isn't a param, it's a global control which holds even as you change programs. Program volume is saved with your program and that won't be sent, pg82 of the manual

Sequential

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 07:53:26 PM »
Master Volume isn't a param, it's a global control which holds even as you change programs. Program volume is saved with your program and that won't be sent, pg82 of the manual

OK, but how does it make sense to always transmit CC 7 to the MIDI hub once the user has turned a setting named "Send MIDI Param" off? It's certainly not universally desirable behavior to have all synths' volumes slave to the Pro-3's.There should be an onboard way to suppress that.