Corrupt Factory Programs?

Corrupt Factory Programs?
« on: August 25, 2021, 06:17:38 AM »
Looking for a little advice…

I haven’t up to now paid much attention to the Factory groups of preset programs but it seems mine are wrong and / or corrupt.

For example 111 ‘it’s a Prophet5’ is just a single osc ‘ini’ type program on my factory 111.
214 ‘cars strings’ is a hi-res bass sound on mine. Several others are wrong or silent.

My P5 arrived with OS 1.5.2 but I’ve downloaded it and applied it again for good measure.

I’ve downloaded the factory 1.02 sysex from Sequential site and loaded them into my User groups to compare and confirm.

I’ve opened a ticket with Sequential but wondered if anyone has seen this before? My understanding was the Factory programs couldn’t be changed?

SOLVED - was Corrupt Factory Programs?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2021, 09:26:56 AM »
Looking for a little advice…

I haven’t up to now paid much attention to the Factory groups of preset programs but it seems mine are wrong and / or corrupt.

For example 111 ‘it’s a Prophet5’ is just a single osc ‘ini’ type program on my factory 111.
214 ‘cars strings’ is a hi-res bass sound on mine. Several others are wrong or silent.

My P5 arrived with OS 1.5.2 but I’ve downloaded it and applied it again for good measure.

I’ve downloaded the factory 1.02 sysex from Sequential site and loaded them into my User groups to compare and confirm.

I’ve opened a ticket with Sequential but wondered if anyone has seen this before? My understanding was the Factory programs couldn’t be changed?

Answering my own post - thanks to Sequential for speedy support:

Turns out you CAN overwrite the Factory groups, with whatever’s currently in the User groups. Here’s how:

"You can easily copy the programs from the user locations to the factory locations using the following steps.

Hold the RELEASE button and press the 3 button.

The record button begins to blink, press the RECORD button to copy the patches from the user locations to the factory locations.

The record button light turns off indicating the process has completed".

Re: Corrupt Factory Programs?
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 01:40:42 PM »
Does this "trick" copy ALL user program to factory presets, or is it
possible to copy one program / sound at the time to any position ???

Like if I want my "best" solo sounds on 111 to 128 for example   8)

Cheers !
1976 MiniKORG700s // 1979 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 // Roland JUPITER-X

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 09:36:59 PM »
Does this "trick" copy ALL user program to factory presets, or is it
possible to copy one program / sound at the time to any position ???

Like if I want my "best" solo sounds on 111 to 128 for example   8)

Cheers !

It’s all or nothing, I’m afraid.

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2021, 01:55:28 AM »
OK   :-\  ....  Good to know. But you can´t edit and save changes to those
"transferred" sounds anyway, so better to do backups I guess   ;)

Cheers !
1976 MiniKORG700s // 1979 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 // Roland JUPITER-X

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2021, 02:52:37 AM »
OK   :-\  ....  Good to know. But you can´t edit and save changes to those
"transferred" sounds anyway, so better to do backups I guess   ;)

Cheers !

Always :-)

One thought I’m considering is to put the other two banks of original Prophet 5 factory sounds (Rev 3.3 came with 120 programs, not just the famous 40) into the r4 Factory groups.