Take 5 Firmware Update - Feature Requests

Re: Take 5 Firmware Update - Feature Requests
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2021, 08:48:39 AM »
After some weeks of use my two top requests are:

- More banks for patch storage (seriously, please, why this restriction in 2021?)
- Value/parameter feedback in display (a visual feedback is great for finding sweet spots and remember settings)

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2021, 09:03:36 AM »
It would be great if the envelopes retriggered while using the sustain pedal. On the OB-6 and Prophet 6 you can activate this via Key Mode, and it works like a charm.

magikroom

• www.geosynths.com
    • GEOSynths
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2021, 11:07:09 PM »
I'd like to see the ability to transpose for each patch in semitones.
GEOSynths - Fresh, new sounds for DSI Prophet REV2 (Vol 1 & 2) - Prophet 12 - Sequential Prophet 6 - DSI OB6 (Volume 1 & 2)  Novation PEAK - Behringer DeepMind 12 (Vol 1 & 2) - Korg Prologue - Korg KingKorg - Nord Lead A1 - Roland System 8 & Roland Cloud.

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2021, 02:58:53 AM »
I hear that linear/Thru Zero Fm was added to the Pro 2 in a firmware update & someone from sequential mentioned that it would potentially be possible to add it to the Pro 3. I think it would be amazing to have that type of capability here.

I would also like to see a desktop version that fits in a Gator Bag & the addition of the pro3 dco/wavetable osc so I can modulate the Modulator (vco2) with a wavetable osc

« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2021, 06:07:19 AM »
Just joined up to chime in - it would be great if we could get a one-shot (non-looping) mode for the LFOs. Then LFO 2 would basically be usable as a 3rd envelope which would be absolutely incredible!

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2021, 03:59:58 AM »
I absolutely love this synth but I can’t help but think that I would spend an extra $1000 if i could get a straight up poly version of the pro 3 with the filters, sequencer, same screen and displays, envelope 3 (looping), more lfos, wavetable osc, whatever else it has, and in a desktop version

This synth is the best synth I’ve ever touched but a poly pro 3 would be mind blowing. Best synth ever material

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2021, 11:17:07 PM »
I'm using the Take5 some weeks now and so far i'm happy with it...

But if i had a wish i would like to see the following things...

- using one of the knobs left or right to switch through the Presets instead of using the Bank and program buttons.

- if i move the knob, it's not the badest idea to see the parameter on the screen, i know this isn't necessary because using your ears instead of parameters is the better way, but sometimes i want to see were i am...

- and as some people already mentioned, more places to save own programs would be cool, too.

Frank

xoxo

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2021, 01:20:25 AM »
- if i move the knob, it's not the badest idea to see the parameter on the screen, i know this isn't necessary because using your ears instead of parameters is the better way, but sometimes i want to see were i am...

Frank

there is a tiny dot in the digit (preset number) display, that is visible when you are on the presets value. but you have to be exactly on the value - its a bit sensible

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2021, 05:18:29 AM »
Fix Panning clicking issue. Add a Voice Spread function in the Program menu.
Add A stereo Ping Pong Delay !!

Thanks

« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2021, 05:50:34 PM »

Thanks

What is it you are trying to achieve that cannot be done by assigning Voice Spread as a mod source and Panning as a destination in the mod matrix? Is it that it doesn’t offer independent placement control over each voice individually?

kpatz

« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2021, 01:40:48 PM »
It would be great if the envelopes retriggered while using the sustain pedal. On the OB-6 and Prophet 6 you can activate this via Key Mode, and it works like a charm.
X2.  There's a Unison Env Retrig in the program menu that could be applied in poly mode like it does on the OB-6/P6.  Right now, if your patch has decay/no sustain/little sustain you can't play more than 5 notes with the sustain pedal down.

I know, some people are saying, why are you using a sustain pedal on a synth?  Well, I have a MODX with a sustain pedal that I use for piano sounds, and if I'm using it as a controller to play an analog pad layered with the piano on one of my Sequential synths, I need to have it respond properly when using the sustain pedal; that is, have the envelopes retrigger.

I also second the request to show parameter values/changes in the display.  Even better would be to show the current and the saved value of the parameter when the knob is turned/button pushed, that makes it easier to go back to the original value without looking for that tiny dot in the patch number display.  It also helps when reverse engineering presets, or explaining them on a forum ("set filter cutoff to 87, env1 decay to 32, etc.")

A P5-style voice allocation scheme (reuse same voice for same note) would be nice to have too.

When on the regular screen (not a menu), the select/value knobs do nothing.  One of them could be used to scroll through presets (perhaps while holding down a button to prevent accidental patch changes), or even make them assignable per patch (for example, making one of them control Filter Keytracking and the other Pan Spread).

The basic program (init patch) has LFO1 assigned to Osc1 Fine by default, and mod wheel mapped to LFO1 amount.  This is nice for having mod wheel to vibrato mapped by default, but would it make more sense to have LFO1 default to OscAll Fine so both oscillators get vibrato?

That's my wish list for the moment.

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2021, 09:11:04 AM »

Thanks

What is it you are trying to achieve that cannot be done by assigning Voice Spread as a mod source and Panning as a destination in the mod matrix? Is it that it doesn’t offer independent placement control over each voice individually?

Ok then nevermind , completely did not see the voice spread function in the Mod Matrix  ;D

« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2021, 07:42:49 AM »
When using "Pressure" as a mod source, M and P as a designator for a monophonic and polyphonic source is displayed, but the Take 5 only responds to monophonic aftertouch.

« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2021, 02:13:56 PM »
When using "Pressure" as a mod source, M and P as a designator for a monophonic and polyphonic source is displayed, but the Take 5 only responds to monophonic aftertouch.

The Take 5 keyboard sends monophonic/channel aftertouch, but I believe the Take 5 can receive polyphonic pressure over MIDI. Polyphonic key pressure is listed as one of the MIDI messages received in the Take 5 MIDI Implementation document. This is typical of many Sequential synths. So, if you have a keyboard that can send polyphonic aftertouch/pressure, then the Take 5 would properly handle it.
Jeff Kellem—Typeface designer, Composer, Pianist, Analog synths, Dancer
ASMAC (American Society of Music Arrangers and Composers) Board Member
https://1403.slantedhall.com/ | https://slantedhall.com/ | https://asmac.org/

« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2021, 02:23:48 PM »

The Take 5 keyboard sends monophonic/channel aftertouch, but I believe the Take 5 can receive polyphonic pressure over MIDI. Polyphonic key pressure is listed as one of the MIDI messages received in the Take 5 MIDI Implementation document. This is typical of many Sequential synths. So, if you have a keyboard that can send polyphonic aftertouch/pressure, then the Take 5 would properly handle it.

As I wrote, the Take 5 only responds to monophonic aftertouch – I have tried it with the Hydrasynth that sends polyphonic aftertouch (and of course I have tried it with several other synths where it worked.)

kpatz

« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2021, 03:05:39 PM »
As I wrote, the Take 5 only responds to monophonic aftertouch – I have tried it with the Hydrasynth that sends polyphonic aftertouch (and of course I have tried it with several other synths where it worked.)
I just tried poly AT using my Microfreak as a controller.  My Take 5 won't respond to poly AT either.  I have Pressure routed to Cutoff in the matrix (which is a poly modulation), and using channel AT works (from T5's keyboard as well as via midi), but poly AT from my Microfreak is ignored.

When I sent poly AT to my OB-6 from the Microfreak, it does respond to it as expected (so it's not a midi setup or routing issue).

So, is this a bug, missed implementation, setup issue, or something else going on?  Someone on Gearspace mentioned about poly AT not working and in his case it was due to using a monophonic destination in the matrix.

« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2021, 05:43:50 PM »
Well, I'm here to report that I've also had issues with the Take 5 receiving aftertouch. I couldn't get it to accept either mono AT OR poly AT from two other keybeds that support them (Hydrasynth keyboard and Ensoniq VFX).

I have an init patch where Pressure is routed to Cutoff on the Take 5. Mono AT works from the Take 5 itself, and the other two keyboards can control each other... but the Take 5 is not playing along as expected.

EDIT: While I'm here in this thread, I posted details of what appears to be bugs in how the Drive knob and Drive mod destination work in another post. The Take 5 feels... odd in terms of it's modulation matrix.

But while playing with it, I realized it'd be really nice to have some math functions in the mod matrix. DC is already there... What about log, anti-log, and exponential functions as well? The logarithmic FM might be a bit more fun and scaling the Note Number source could be really valuable as well.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 05:48:05 PM by jamisnemo »

« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2022, 05:25:23 PM »
+1 for visual cues when clock syncing the LFOs. As it is right now something simple like syncing an LFO to e.g. 1 bar per cycle is a trial and error process that is tedious and unnecessarily cumbersome, let alone very imprecise. Also any slight movement of the knob will unsync it.

This synth is a magnificent beast and can only imagine how solid it'll be after a few rounds of polishing. Fantastic work.

« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2022, 02:50:31 AM »
I'd really like to see an automatic midi-clock sensing (switch automatically between internal/external clock when there is(no) ext clock ).
My E-RM Multiclock doesn't send clock when stopped and so i have to go into the menu and change the clock source to use the the Arp, sequencer, clocked LFO.

I'm not mentioning the clock-divider bug (that shifts sequencer-notes (and probably LFO cycles) 1/128th note) as feature request , as it's already logged.

« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2022, 05:08:33 AM »
Visual cues
One shot LFO for extra env functionality
OSC1 as a mod source (why is this not here!?!?)
more patches
extra sequencer functionality would be nice too