Take 5 Firmware Update - Feature Requests

Re: Take 5 Firmware Update - Feature Requests
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2022, 07:12:45 AM »
Maybe a FW update that allows for user driven FW reset, if it's stuck on the TAKE5 logo - like mine is today.....

« Reply #121 on: September 09, 2022, 09:46:19 AM »
i would love to see an adjustment to how velocity responds, i find that the black keys on the Take 5 are a bit too sensitive compared to the white keys which makes it hard to play certain passages which has me turn off velocity off altogether.

It's a nice feeling keybed so that would make it more usable IMO.

« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2022, 07:11:50 AM »
this is the best synth i've ever used. it could benefit a great deal from either a fw update, or even a rev2 version. all it needs is a 3rd looping envelope, 3rd Osc, 2nd SVF,AM/VCA modulation options, more mod slots. just combine the sound of the T5 with the versatility of the best parts of the P12 (mostly modulation stuff) & the features of the Pro 3 (filter, 3rd osc, seq?, 3rd env)

i believe this will one day be recognized as one of the best synths in the world. it is severely underrated for some reason, but i still wish we could get some more features because i cannot switch now that i have heard the gorgeous sound of the Take-5, but i also dont want to feel limited by the sound design options. make it more expensive, i dont know. we need a mk2. is this even a possibility now that dave is gone (rip)? will novation be able to take it further, maybe even by adding some cool peal stuff to this perfect voice engine/vco/filter?

« Reply #123 on: September 15, 2022, 08:19:38 AM »
A lot of improvement idea for the best synth you ever used! 😀

As i already wrote down some pages before, i think there will be no update, there are small things to be updated first but since the release, no single update.

Strange!

« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2022, 02:29:21 PM »
Maybe there is already a way to do this, but it sure would be swell if you could change the initialized patch parameters.

« Reply #125 on: October 04, 2022, 08:36:32 PM »
Bug fix request
Even if MIDI Param Send is set to Off, the volume pot keeps sending cc messages.

So if you turn down the volume of the T5 to use the keys with a module, also the volume of the module is turned down...

Plus 1 Million.

You have no idea how annoying it is to forget to initialize volume in a Cakewalk track and listen to your speakers pop.

« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2022, 04:17:01 PM »
+1 to fixing the Volume knob sending CC messages when MIDI Param Send is set to off

Two other feature requests for the screen:
1. an oscilloscope would be really neat!
2. being able to see the numerical value of a parameter on the screen somewhere when you change it would be handy.

« Reply #127 on: November 05, 2022, 12:58:46 PM »
Just picked up a T5 yesterday and am stunned by its sound and capabilities. I'm also pleasantly surprised to find a beta update in the works, and one feature I've always liked that appears not currently present is a way to allow velocity to control envelope attack times. My dominant use case would be higher velocity values = faster attack time. Thanks!

« Reply #128 on: November 05, 2022, 01:45:54 PM »
Just picked up a T5 yesterday and am stunned by its sound and capabilities. I'm also pleasantly surprised to find a beta update in the works, and one feature I've always liked that appears not currently present is a way to allow velocity to control envelope attack times. My dominant use case would be higher velocity values = faster attack time. Thanks!
That should easily be possible via the mod matrix.

« Reply #129 on: November 05, 2022, 09:08:25 PM »
That should easily be possible via the mod matrix.

Thanks, I'll look into that!

« Reply #130 on: November 15, 2022, 12:18:10 PM »
From the beta changelog:
New Feature: LFO rate displayed on-screen when frequency updated and LFO sync active.

Very nice! Could we also get this on the FX "TIME" knob? Great for setting delays to a specific division faster.

« Reply #131 on: November 18, 2022, 08:57:19 AM »
It would be great if the envelopes retriggered while using the sustain pedal. On the OB-6 and Prophet 6 you can activate this via Key Mode, and it works like a charm.

Yes I need that too! Would be great to turn on/off retriggering envelopes in program menu!