WHEN WILL THE MIDI NOTE ON AND OFF ISSUE BE FIXED?!?!?!?

WHEN WILL THE MIDI NOTE ON AND OFF ISSUE BE FIXED?!?!?!?
« on: January 15, 2024, 08:44:39 AM »
I have 2 Take 5. both go from a key press sending "midi note on" on usb midi out to -->  "midi note off". this takes about 5 minutes sometimes less. the problem is well documented here in relation to the Pro 3 which suffers from the exact same issue. I need this fixed today. I need this fixed before I bought these! Please for the love of god fix this it makes the keyboard useless as a controller. My biggest shame goes to the people who created an update for this machine that does not address this issue. Completely unacceptable. the Sequential name is worthless to me if this issue is never fixed

Re: WHEN WILL THE MIDI NOTE ON AND OFF ISSUE BE FIXED?!?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2024, 02:17:12 PM »
Sounds like you might be experiencing a MIDI feedback loop. Check your DAW to ensure the MIDI track is muted when not playing back MIDI.
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 07:55:01 AM »
Sounds like you might be experiencing a MIDI feedback loop. Check your DAW to ensure the MIDI track is muted when not playing back MIDI.

It is not a feedback loop, it happens regardless of what the keyboard is connected to. Even if I connect the Take 5 to a freshly booted computer running midiox and play on the keys for a while just with the midi input monitor open, you can see how the midi messages will eventually flip over whereas the key press triggers note off and release triggers note on. this is regardless of sysex disabled and local control Off.

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2024, 08:10:19 AM »
Since we haven't seen this yet as a bug in the latest Take 5 OS, I recommend making sure you are fully updated. I also recommend checking the output in MIDI Monitor using MIDI DIN (it's far too easy to generate MIDI feedback while using USB). You should probably open a support ticket as well - we can give you more detailed help.
Sequential | Oberheim