LP Filter pedal?

LP Filter pedal?
« on: August 23, 2021, 11:15:19 AM »
Hello. I have an M Audio EX P expression pedal and I’m trying to use it as a LP filter cutoff control (connected to the rear input of the Prophet 6). For some reason it’s not working. It’s not working as a volume control either.
Any ideas on why? Or does that expression pedal not work with the Prophet?

Re: LP Filter pedal?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 02:30:52 AM »
Don't know anything about that particular pedal, does it have a polarity switch? You can try flicking that if it has one. Also it probably has a small dial on it somewhere which sets a max / min value - try adjusting that too if you haven't already (may be set to an extreme level).. all I can think of off the top of my head.

Micky

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2021, 12:40:24 AM »
Hello. I have an M Audio EX P expression pedal and I’m trying to use it as a LP filter cutoff control (connected to the rear input of the Prophet 6). For some reason it’s not working. It’s not working as a volume control either.
Any ideas on why? Or does that expression pedal not work with the Prophet?
Sorry, can´t help for that problem.
If you look for another one, the Moog EP-3 is a not so expensive, but solid and perfect working pedal for the sequentials...

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2021, 07:17:16 AM »
I use the M Audio pedal for both filter and volume on my P6. No problems at all. But, like Micky says, you might try the Moog EP-3. I have one of those on another instrument it’s pretty good.

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.