Voices not playing and calibration seems like it doesn't work

Voices not playing and calibration seems like it doesn't work
« on: August 22, 2021, 07:37:53 PM »
After dusting off the top of my Rev2 some voices quit playing.  Other than dusting off with one of those Swiffer things there were no changes to the synth: same program selected, same outputs connected, etc.  I assumed I hit some knob or button while dusting so I changed programs and went back to the one I was using - still had voices not playing.  So I powered off and restarted - same problem. Then I did a global reset - same problem.  All I did was dust it off and now certain voices just won't play...

I can pull up the global menu and see it cycle through voices and sure enough, as I keep hitting the same key there are certain voices that don't play.  However, it's not the same voice for every program.  Sometimes it's voices 0-4, sometimes 4-7, sometimes 0-4 and 9, etc. depending on the particular patch I pull up.  When I change patches it's always the same voices that don't play but they change with the patch.

I read somewhere on the forum that doing a calibration can fix this problem so I tried that but it seems it's doesn't work.  The calibrations starts but locks up - I let it sit for 30+ min and I never saw any change on the screen.  I tried powering down, letting it sit, then powering back up and re-trying the calibration and the behavior is the same: it locks up during calibration.

So... what the heck happened?  And how do I fix it?

Thanks,

rgames

Re: Voices not playing and calibration seems like it doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 03:32:34 AM »
My Rev2 got stuck once during calibration...Once. Since then I've started removing all midi and usb cables and then doing a power cycle prior to running the routine. Hasn't happened since.

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 04:13:14 AM »
What happens if you start with a blank patch?

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2021, 08:55:48 AM »
The behavior is the same with the basic patch: some voices don't play.  With the basic patch loaded, as I repeat any note I see that voices 0-3 do not play and 8-9 do not play.

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2021, 04:45:01 PM »
I got it solved via Sequential support - I needed to first clear the calibration then run it again.  After clearing it via the debug option (press both transpose buttons with global button then select clear calibration) the calibration worked and now all voices are working correctly again.

I must have hit some weird combination of buttons while dusting it off.  Lesson learned - turn it off to dust it...