Rev2 not playing nice with Logic - External MIDI Instrument Missing

I installed my new Rev2 last month, and am very impressed. Everything was playing nice with my system, but a problem has recently come up that I am having trouble diagnosing.

I'm using Logic Pro X (10.6.3) on a Mac Mini (2018) 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 32GB
MacOS Catalina 10.15.7
Connected via USB

When I try to add the Rev2 on a new track in Logic as an external MIDI track, I get this weird thing when I try to set the MIDI destination, as the Rev2 is listed as "Missing", and the MIDI Channel pull down is blank instead of listing ALL, and 16 choices. Rev2 is online, and available in AMS, and is communicating/playing with the Soundtower editor. (see attachment)

None of my other synths are showing this problem, including other DSI instruments.

Maybe I have missed an important setting in the global settings, or maybe something else?  I'm a bit concerned that it may be a fault within the Rev2?  Running firmware rev v11.5.9

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Ben
DSI Prophet 6, Rev2 Desktop, OB-6
MacOS Catalina on Mac Mini (2018) i7 32GB: Logic Pro X

Re: Rev2 not playing nice with Logic - External MIDI Instrument Missing
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 12:32:39 AM »
Have you tried hitting Reset MIDI Drivers in Logic? In Prefs>MIDI...
I don't know the Rev2 and don't use ST, so I'm only guessing it might be an issue on the Logic front...

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2021, 12:27:37 PM »
Yes.  Tried that, and reset control surfaces, restarts etc.  No difference.

LPF83

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2021, 01:59:43 PM »
Yes.  Tried that, and reset control surfaces, restarts etc.  No difference.

Do you have it plugged into a hub?  Does it get detected if plugged directly into computer port?  Is the hub externally powered?  If not try an externally powered hub.  I'm a Cubase on Windows guy, but sometimes with a gazillion USB devices plugged into a single computer, one will fail to get recognized -- usually a reboot will resolve.  So the first thing I like to eliminate is hub / power issues.  I'm thinking about just moving some of my synths to MIDI / DIN for this reason.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2021, 03:34:28 PM »
Thank you to everyone who had a look at this problem.
I have now solved it!
It was due to having multiple copies, and old (retired) items in my Control Surfaces Setup. Looks like one of them was conflicting as a MIDI destination with the Rev2. I deleted the com.apple.logic.pro.cs from the preferences, and rebooted.  Logic created a new fresh preferences file, and the Rev2 is now back behaving as it should.

Yes all my instruments are connected via powered USB hubs, as I only have 4 USB 3 ports on the Mac Mini, but all the instruments are receiving/sending MIDI over USB without a problem.

Thanks you again to everyone who contributed.
Ben