PlugSE and Bitwig not working. Why ?

PlugSE and Bitwig not working. Why ?
« on: August 15, 2021, 09:46:42 AM »
Hi PlugSE User,

I'm using OS 1.2 0.2 and installed Soundtower Editor and PlugSE.

Unfortunately I'm not able to connect the PlugSE with the Synth. Always showing off-line. I am using Midi 1 or ALL with the keyboard of the Synth also in Bitwig's Instrument Track....

I used the parameters in the Synth as seen in the instructions pdf. Knobbing in the Synth do nothing in the PlugSE and vice versa.....Programmed some notes in 1 Bar Loop. No Sound from the PlugSE.

Frustrating.  :(

The Ableton Live instructions also didn't help me further.

Please help me. Thank you guys!

Petur

• Rev 2 - Pro 3 - Take 5
Re: PlugSE and Bitwig not working. Why ?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2021, 01:31:32 PM »
I hate to tell you that this plugin will not work within Bitwig.

I also purchased this plugin and it has never worked because it's loaded with bugs. Plugin parameters do not link with the bitwig's, for instanse - if you change the cutoff filter in the plugin GUI, it won't register on the cutoff filter on bitwig plugin readout, there's no link. So it's totally usseless - unless they fix this problem.

I've sent SoundTower emails, but they don't care....so good luck with that.

But if you want to try it out for yourself, then try this :

1. Create Instrument track and create "Hardware Instrument" as your instrument
2. In the "Note FX" insert the SoundTower Pro3 plugin
3. Select your Audio IN channel for the Pro3 on the "Hardware Instrument".

You should hear the Pro3 play through the plugin, if not - then you should double check if your parameters are correct in the Pro3 Global settings, make sure that you have them correctly configured to USB or DIN MIDI, depends on how you connect Pro3 to the computer.
P.

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2021, 01:54:56 PM »

I also purchased this plugin and it has never worked because it's loaded with bugs. Plugin parameters do not link with the bitwig's, for instanse - if you change the cutoff filter in the plugin GUI, it won't register on the cutoff filter on bitwig plugin readout, there's no link. So it's totally usseless - unless they fix this problem.

You should hear the Pro3 play through the plugin, if not - then you should double check if your parameters are correct in the Pro3 Global settings, make sure that you have them correctly configured to USB or DIN MIDI, depends on how you connect Pro3 to the computer.
P.

oh nooo why don't they mention it ? this is more than shit.....oh f**k

@P ...thank you for your reply!

i also still have studio one 5 and cubase 9.5.....but don't want to use them anymore. i am a totally bitwig newbie by the way.....hw instrument ? okay good to know about. really appreciate your instructions ! *thnx***

i already wrote an email to soundtower support.....so they will finally tell me that bitwig won't work then....

and in the end it's my fault to trust soundtower. byebye 79 bucks!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 01:59:36 PM by krawallo »

Petur

• Rev 2 - Pro 3 - Take 5
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2021, 05:26:35 PM »
No problem, glad to help.

SoundTower or maybe they should consider a new name ScamOver.

They will act dumb and tell you that it's working fine in Ableton Live and they will probably also tell you that they have never heard of a DAW called Bitwig. They will act like this until you give up or go silent.

I emailed them all the bug details, screenshots etc. And they could also try this for them self with the trial of Bitwig. I tell you, they did not even read it - they gave me "How to configure your Pro 3 in global settings" from their website. After back and forth emails of frustration it went silent. That was over a year ago.

I occasionally try out the updates, it's always the same bug.

Yes, this company is nr.1 on my $hit list.

P.

SeleN

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2021, 06:53:29 AM »
that seems to be an identical behavior against logic user… first mail reply was: midi looping a problem in logic…maybe…but they’re not familiar with logic, second mail got a videolink in youtube for setupping (saying that it is for another synth but the pro3). logic was still crashing but i think i found a solution… still evaluating

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2021, 11:13:52 AM »
that seems to be an identical behavior against logic user… first mail reply was: midi looping a problem in logic…maybe…but they’re not familiar with logic, second mail got a videolink in youtube for setupping (saying that it is for another synth but the pro3). logic was still crashing but i think i found a solution… still evaluating

hi seleN

this is absolutely non acceptable.

i am still waiting for their reply.

if they don't reply I'm ready to contact Dave Smith directly and explain him the Soundtower business behaviour/process/practice to some Pro 3 owners.

He is maybe in the position to make them clear that it's not acceptable what they do to some Pro 3 User. Maybe he is interested to help us....Why not ?

Let me see first if they offer something.

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2021, 05:31:03 PM »
Why doesn't Sequential just make their own plugins and editors?

SeleN

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2021, 09:40:06 PM »
i tried different options on logic avoid midi thru messages as i ithought this would be the reason why soundtower is crashing and my pro 3 hanging … no luck til now… hours and money spent…

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2021, 05:47:01 AM »
Why doesn't Sequential just make their own plugins and editors?

this is a very good question! thank you hellaenergy.....

dear moderator: is it possible to request that to your team ?

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2021, 05:50:33 AM »
i tried different options on logic avoid midi thru messages as i ithought this would be the reason why soundtower is crashing and my pro 3 hanging … no luck til now… hours and money spent…

don't they need a real hardware pro 3 synth to program the vst plugin ?

how do they test ?

SeleN

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2021, 09:26:16 AM »
someone’s using midiquest as au plug ?

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2021, 02:39:47 PM »
Just tried Bitwig, Studio One and Reaper....

Can't make it ON LINE !

Here are my screenshots attached. Regarding installation I just placed both .dll into my Plugin Folder.....

Still no reply from Soundtower. Getting frustrated that I even can't connect the Synth and the plugin. :'(

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2021, 03:29:43 PM »

P.

Hi P.

it didn't work with 1.) 2.) 3 )

Could you please show me your Bitwig screenshots incl. Controller settings ?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards
k.

Petur

• Rev 2 - Pro 3 - Take 5
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2021, 05:47:17 AM »
Hi,

You can not have Pro3 as a controller at the same time as the Pro3 editor. Disable Pro3 as a controller in Bitwig, then it should go online in the plugin (picture 1).

Bitwig and the plugin are fighting for the Pro3 connection, so only one can be running at the same time.

P.

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2021, 04:04:04 AM »
I've spent hours trying to get the Pro3 Soundtower Plug editor working correctly in Ableton. I've tried every setting combination and still doesn't behave as expected. So frustrating. I have no issues with Codeknobs OB-6 editor.

Would love to see Focusrite support internal development of plugin editors for Novation and Sequential. Deal breaker for me.

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2021, 08:20:41 AM »
My name is Mark from Soundtower support. Don't shoot!  I am just trying to help.
There were some issues with PRO 3 PlugSE and Bitwig that I could not replicate in other PlugSE like for OB-6, Prophet~6 and etc.
The PRO 3 PlugSE worked fine with Ableton, Cubase, Logic so the Bitwig issue was rather hard to troubleshot.  It turned out that Bitwig required a different way of resetting gesture commands. In addition, on Windows PC, Bitwig was stilling a window focus from the PRO3 vst plug-in making it hard to display pop-up menus. Now we have the v1.3.0 update available for download that addresses all these issues. Here is the link for the demo. The register-able version is available for download as well.

https://www.soundtower.com/plugse/pro3/index.html

If you have a problem to configure the PlugSE to work in Ableton, specially on Windows PC, here are suggested setup instructions :

https://soundtower.net/plugse_help/pro3_in_ableton.html

I hope this helps. If you see any other issues that you want me to address or need some help please email me directly at editors@sounrtower.com

Cheers,

Mark

Petur

• Rev 2 - Pro 3 - Take 5
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2021, 03:34:09 PM »
Hi Mark,

It's nice of you to drop by and take care of those long overdue issues.

I tried 1.3.0 and the parameters are working correctly within Bitwig and now there is a link between it, so now you can automate those parameters as you please.

I found several bugs / issues though :

1. The GUI pops up half grayed out. If I close the GUI and open it again it's all there and ok.
2. Shortcuts 1 - 6 crash the plugin.
3. No animation on the GUI keyboard when you play - minor issue but I just wanted to address it.
4. This is the biggest issue, it doesn't save the plugin state :

- Lets say you open up the first patch in the plugin "Old Saw" and tweak/edit it to your personal likings.
- You save your project with edited patch.
- You open up the same project later and all the edits are lost and it loads the original patch.

Is this normal?

If so, can you please educate me how this editor works?

I'm on Windows 10 x64

P.

SeleN

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2021, 01:12:13 AM »
well its a definition of „work“. in logic its a very low usability…

Petur

• Rev 2 - Pro 3 - Take 5
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2021, 05:25:54 AM »
well its a definition of „work“. in logic its a very low usability…

Hi Selen,

I get your frustration, at least - things are moving forward and we should use that opportunity to address what's wrong in more detail. Snippets of grumpiness won't help ;)

P.

SeleN

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2021, 05:44:10 AM »
Paying for getting this level of Product has nothing to do with "moving forward". I always am (in other similar products for other synths) a very thourough partner. It's just not working as it promises for me, so i think i can make such statements here to clarify.