Prophet 6 noise issues

Prophet 6 noise issues
« on: June 26, 2021, 03:11:55 AM »
Hello Sequential forum,

I've noticed that when I'm recording my Prophet 6 it's generating a high pitched noise (see / hear attachment).
Is this normal or do I possibly have bad cabling? The noise is quite amplified whenever I'm using a couple of effects or make a sound with the low pass filter in use. Especially when I'm using the low pass filter it's really noticable.

I know that increasing the patch volume will help mask the sound / decrease the noise floor level. However some patches are still really quiet on the P6.

I'm recording the P6 through my Babyface Pro which is usually quite clean with mics for example.

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 03:14:22 AM by iamelec »

Re: Prophet 6 noise issues
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2021, 09:07:06 AM »
Hello Sequential forum,

I've noticed that when I'm recording my Prophet 6 it's generating a high pitched noise (see / hear attachment).
Is this normal or do I possibly have bad cabling? The noise is quite amplified whenever I'm using a couple of effects or make a sound with the low pass filter in use. Especially when I'm using the low pass filter it's really noticable.

I know that increasing the patch volume will help mask the sound / decrease the noise floor level. However some patches are still really quiet on the P6.

I'm recording the P6 through my Babyface Pro which is usually quite clean with mics for example.

Thanks

I had something like that. please refer >> https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,2629.20.html
Yamaha MO8, Seq Pro3, Seq Rev2/16, Model: Cycles, Moog DFAM, Modular, Akai MPC One, Pearl Mimic Pro, Midas M32R

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 11:54:18 AM »
After upgrading to the RME UCX II the problem was solved!

LPF83

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 03:17:24 PM »
I have one of these that I use to overcome some sort of ground loop I couldn't resolve any other way.  The noise profile in Pro Q3 (which I also use) looked WAY worse than above pics.

It works a treat, highly recommend.

https://pyleusa.com/products/phe400
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 03:18:56 PM by LPF83 »
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC