Three of a Perfect Pair.

Three of a Perfect Pair.
« on: August 11, 2021, 05:52:25 PM »
Now, i got Pro-3, Rev2 16 and Poly Evolver Keyboard. Yesterday i have heard some rumors about new synth. As i totally love Sequential i need to know MORE. Anybody?

Re: Three of a Perfect Pair.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 02:09:54 PM »
Earlier in the year Sequential acquired the OBX trademark. In the past few days JP30 posted an OBXa demo video on his youtube channel (some were saying that he previously did this with an original Prophet 5 ahead of the release of the rev 4). My money is on a new OB-X/Xa synth.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 02:12:38 PM »

LPF83

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2021, 04:21:46 PM »
That's what we're all expecting.  But then there's this coincidence:

https://www.synthanatomy.com/2021/08/the-official-rights-to-the-oberheim-brand-are-back-with-its-founder-tom-oberheim.html

I would think that an OB-X/Xa release would be another collab effort with Tom like the OB-6, so with regard to the upcoming release many of us are hoping for, it may only mean that the synth says Oberheim on it somewhere (as opposed to just having Tom's signature).  I think that would be a good thing!
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC