Second prophet...same problems

Second prophet...same problems
« on: August 10, 2021, 01:53:26 AM »
Hello all, this my second prophet 6 in less than a month.
I can play with it all day and after it acts erratically with noises, artefacts, missing notes on the range, etc. with the basic preset.
The weirdest is that i can hear this on the headphone output even with the master volume down. When the synth works, the calibration can complete otherwise it's looping on L1,L2,...
Last but not least, the white noise oscillators doesn't work anymore.
I'm using it with Ableton Live 11 and a RME Fireface UC
Please find attached some "sound" examples of my problems.

Tbh, i've never been so disappointed by a professional synth, this ruined my recording session with the band.
Hope someone here can help me.

Best,

Re: Second prophet...same problems
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 02:40:52 AM »
And does it make all these artefacts disconnected from the computer and all other midi connection and just playing out the headphones?

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 02:46:33 AM »
And does it make all these artefacts disconnected from the computer and all other midi connection and just playing out the headphones?
Hey, thanks for your concerns. I've got all these artefacts just by playing out the headphones with out any connection midi/usb.

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 04:06:17 AM »
Ok, if you’re getting that on the init patch that’s definitely a case to get hold of Sequential support. Also you shouldn’t be having the calibration freeze either. What firmware is the prophet showing. It’s always worth making sure it’s up to date if it isn’t. Good luck.

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 04:18:48 AM »
Ok, if you’re getting that on the init patch that’s definitely a case to get hold of Sequential support. Also you shouldn’t be having the calibration freeze either. What firmware is the prophet showing. It’s always worth making sure it’s up to date if it isn’t. Good luck.
I'm running the last firmware. It's really a shame to have the same problem two times with two different synths. At this price, it's intolerable. I was wondering if it's not a local control or midi date loop problem. But the Sequential support didn't really point this out. I'm planning to give it back (again...) but i will not take an other one, this synth is too unstable for my professional use (recording session and live show).

Pym

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 07:27:16 PM »
Given what you're describing, It's really unlikely that it's a problem with the synth, it is much more likely something is causing an issue from your setup. Could be power related, could be another instrument, MIDI, some other interference... this type of troubleshooting isn't easy because we can't see exactly how everything is connected, so it might take some time and effort to rule things out, but support will absolutely help you get things sorted out.

I'm running the last firmware. It's really a shame to have the same problem two times with two different synths. At this price, it's intolerable. I was wondering if it's not a local control or midi date loop problem. But the Sequential support didn't really point this out. I'm planning to give it back (again...) but i will not take an other one, this synth is too unstable for my professional use (recording session and live show).
Sequential

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2021, 04:19:27 AM »
Given what you're describing, It's really unlikely that it's a problem with the synth, it is much more likely something is causing an issue from your setup. Could be power related, could be another instrument, MIDI, some other interference... this type of troubleshooting isn't easy because we can't see exactly how everything is connected, so it might take some time and effort to rule things out, but support will absolutely help you get things sorted out.
Hey, i've got this sound problems even when the synth is standalone, not connected via MIDI/USB, directly from the headphone. I don't really now how to solve MIDI DATA LOOP. any tips ? i want to check before going further with the support team.

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2021, 08:53:47 AM »
Hey, i've got this sound problems even when the synth is standalone, not connected via MIDI/USB, directly from the headphone. I don't really now how to solve MIDI DATA LOOP. any tips ? i want to check before going further with the support team.

Just to say, Pym, who replied to your above post, is indeed part of the Sequential support team. And while this forum is an excellent source for troubleshooting tips, Sequential support is still a good first port of call.

Pym

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2021, 03:07:30 PM »
It is extremely unlikely that you received two units with exactly the same rare and unexpected bug... there are other externalities that could cause it. For example, we have seen weird cases where the power from the wall causes problems. And sure, maybe you just got two lemons, but it's just so small of a chance it would be exactly the same problem it makes me suspicious that isn't the case

Also, headphone and any cables could easily be a problem here. I'd double check all the things that are NOT the synth first

« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 03:09:17 PM by Pym »
Sequential

Micky

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2021, 02:08:04 AM »
Hy, you´re in Paris ? Where did you order the synths ?