Prophet 6 as a USB MIDI Controller for DAW soft synths...

Em

Prophet 6 as a USB MIDI Controller for DAW soft synths...
« on: August 09, 2021, 07:32:11 PM »
Hi. I recently picked up a Prophet 6. It's a dream. Gorgeous.

Can I use my Prophet over a USB connection as a midi controller for software synths like the Arturia Collection via Logic? If so, would somebody please let me know how?

Is this only going to be an option when the soft synth developers have made a hardware profile for the Prophet 6?
https://support.spectrasonics.net/manual/OmnisphereHW/2.5/en/topic/sequential-prophet-6

My apologies in advance if this question has been previously answered or does not deserve a new thread. My research left me confused and without a solution.

Re: Prophet 6 as a USB MIDI Controller for DAW soft synths...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 07:35:33 AM »
Can I use my Prophet over a USB connection as a midi controller for software synths like the Arturia Collection via Logic? If so, would somebody please let me know how?

Is this only going to be an option when the soft synth developers have made a hardware profile for the Prophet 6?

Yes, you can easily use it as a midi controller for software instruments. All you need to do is figure out the routing of midi from the P6 to the software instrument. In my case, I use an iMac connected to a MOTU Midi Express which, in turn, is connected to my synths. My DAW is Cubase Pro 9.5 and there, I connect the software instrument to a midi port on the MOTU and set the midi channel and away I go!
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

Em

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 12:03:11 PM »
Thank you, kindly. I was making an error in the midi settings on the Prophet, and we are now all good.

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 07:02:22 PM »
You are very welcome. BTW, if I may, I would like to suggest that you investigate the Waves Flow Motion software synth. I find it to be superior in sound capabilities to almost every other software synth that I can think of.

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.