New Prophet 12 user here

New Prophet 12 user here
« on: August 09, 2021, 05:23:23 PM »
Hello all. Im new to sequential products as of this year. Got the Pro 3 earlier this year and then got a used Prophet 12 module. Loving both!

I know the manual for the P12 says it gets hot.And it sure does. I have a cooling pad for my laptop that can be angled. I was thinking of getting a second one for my P12. Has fans to keep cool and then I can angle it up a bit.
Does that seem like a good idea, or just unnecessary? Anyone else do something similar?

LPF83

Re: New Prophet 12 user here
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 05:58:57 PM »
Hello all. Im new to sequential products as of this year. Got the Pro 3 earlier this year and then got a used Prophet 12 module. Loving both!

I know the manual for the P12 says it gets hot.And it sure does. I have a cooling pad for my laptop that can be angled. I was thinking of getting a second one for my P12. Has fans to keep cool and then I can angle it up a bit.
Does that seem like a good idea, or just unnecessary? Anyone else do something similar?

It's like a little space heater.  Mine, I simply have occupying space on a regular Jaspers keyboard stand -- I bought some smaller length mount arms for holding smaller modules on that particular tier and they fit this unit perfectly.  It has good ventilation all around it, so I've felt that was enough.  I haven't heard of long term repair problems with these, and it's not like the heat affects tuning, so I haven't thought too much about it.  I believe the main thing is just to be sure the vents can breathe, I wouldn't pack it tight next to other hot gear to for sure.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

Re: New Prophet 12 user here
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 06:46:12 PM »

It's like a little space heater.  Mine, I simply have occupying space on a regular Jaspers keyboard stand -- I bought some smaller length mount arms for holding smaller modules on that particular tier and they fit this unit perfectly.  It has good ventilation all around it, so I've felt that was enough.  I haven't heard of long term repair problems with these, and it's not like the heat affects tuning, so I haven't thought too much about it.  I believe the main thing is just to be sure the vents can breathe, I wouldn't pack it tight next to other hot gear to for sure.

Thanks for chiming in. I unfortunately don't have the space for something like that, and my "studio" area is upstairs in a room that even with the air running, gets pretty warm in the summer. So I figured my idea couldn't hurt. I would love to clear out a lot of stuff and get a nice stand like yours for everything though. Perhaps someday!