Question (Desktop Module)

Question (Desktop Module)
« on: August 04, 2021, 10:27:18 AM »
I had an early-run P12 module a few years ago, sold it, and am thinking about grabbing another one new before they're gone, but have question first:

Are the later production runs of the P12 module branded with "Dave Smith" or were they upgraded to "Sequential" like the Rev2 modules were?

Geeky question, I realize. Anybody know?

LPF83

Re: Question (Desktop Module)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 04:02:23 PM »
I had an early-run P12 module a few years ago, sold it, and am thinking about grabbing another one new before they're gone, but have question first:

Are the later production runs of the P12 module branded with "Dave Smith" or were they upgraded to "Sequential" like the Rev2 modules were?

I bought mine in December new..  Even the late model ones say Dave Smith, it was never rebranded.  Glad I got one though, who knows when / if a proper replacement will come along, and it's a unique synth.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 09:37:45 AM »

I bought mine in December new..  Even the late model ones say Dave Smith, it was never rebranded.  Glad I got one though, who knows when / if a proper replacement will come along, and it's a unique synth.

That's interesting. There are newer posts with pictures of the P12 module on Sequential's Facebook page that don't have the "Dave Smith" logo design. It's just blank there, so was wondering if they'd re-branded it Sequential like they did with the Rev2.

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 02:31:56 PM »
"There are newer posts with pictures of the P12 module on Sequential's Facebook page..." I attached a few. DS signature logo appears to be gone?

LPF83

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 06:17:14 PM »

That's interesting. There are newer posts with pictures of the P12 module on Sequential's Facebook page that don't have the "Dave Smith" logo design. It's just blank there, so was wondering if they'd re-branded it Sequential like they did with the Rev2.

My guess would be that we're seeing that is just because it takes only a few seconds to remove the outdated logo from an image, whereas changing manufacturing to add the new brand would have added more cost when barely any more units were probably still being produced.  It's possible I'm wrong, if anyone sees a P12 in the wild without the logo at all or with Sequential on it, I'd love to see a pic -- it would probably be a rare beast.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC