MIDIOX settings

MIDIOX settings
« on: August 01, 2021, 03:46:46 AM »
I'm trying to load a sysex file with 128 patches to my Prophet X. I'm using MIDIOX on my windows PC. When I send the file only the first patch loads on the Prophet X. Is there any setting I need to change for it to recieve the entire bank?

Re: MIDIOX settings
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 07:08:56 AM »
I haven’t used MidiOX for a dog’s age since I switched from Win to Mac where I now use Sysex Librarian which has the ability to alter the speed at which transfers are made. I don’t recall if MidiOX can do this but you might have a look and try slowing down the transfer rate, if possible.

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 07:27:47 AM »
I haven’t used MidiOX for a dog’s age since I switched from Win to Mac where I now use Sysex Librarian which has the ability to alter the speed at which transfers are made. I don’t recall if MidiOX can do this but you might have a look and try slowing down the transfer rate, if possible.

Keith

Thanks for your reply. Transfer speed was one of the things I thought about as well, and I've used the settings suggested by Sequential:
6. From the SysEx menu, choose “Configure.”
7. Set the Low Level Output Buffers “Num” and “Size” to 4096.

https://www.sequential.com/prophet-x-factory-sounds/  )

...but this didn't improve my results sadly.

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2022, 12:40:07 PM »
That doesnt sound like the transferate to me. Im searching it too.^^

Keith

Thanks for your reply. Transfer speed was one of the things I thought about as well, and I've used the settings suggested by Sequential:

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2022, 12:53:12 PM »
4) You can also optionally specify a delay after each buffer is sent. Some gear might have a small buffer to receive SysEx (say 256 bytes) and might not be able to process this data fast enough, so the bytes after the first 256 are ignored. In this case, you could set an output buffer size of 256 and then specify a delay of 100 milliseconds (or whatever is necessary). This delay will allow your gear enough time to process the buffer before the next 256 bytes are sent. You should be able to tailor the speed to fit any situation. As an extreme example, you can select one buffer, one byte in size and specify a delay of 1000. This means you would be sending data at the astounding rate of 1 byte per second!

- Ok. Sound like it is.

Keith